[Release] Improved Bike Fall Physics

Improved Bike Fall Physics

A script that aims to improve on the default GTA V motorcycle and bicycle falling and collision physics.

This is a converted and modified version of https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/realistic-bike-and-quad-falloff from gta5-mods. Thanks to the author of that script for most of the force/acceleration calculation stuff.

Features

• Fall off easier when colliding with things
  • Fall off easier when jumping from tall heights to an abrupt landing
  • Inflicts a bit of health damage for the latter case mentioned above
  • Works for motorcycles, quads, and bicycles

Demonstration Videos

The first video shows what happens when jumping off a tall building before installing the script and after. The second video is from the original author’s version of the script at gta5-mods.

Installation

• Download from here here (or visit the repo)
  • Put the improved-bike-falls folder into your server’s resources folder.
  • Add start improved-bike-falls to your server’s server.cfg file.
  • Enjoy!

P.S. Feel free to offer feedback, suggestions, or contribute via the repository!

15 Likes

Looks neat!
Since you’re looking for suggestions, a similar system but for jetskis would be neat. Doesn’t make much sense driving jetskis in high ocean waves during storms and not falling off.

1 Like

Nice stuff :+1:

1 Like

All momentum lost kinda doesn’t look realistic, but It’s a good concept.

@T.Silence It’s actually been updated so that the ped will keep the same velocity as the bike they fall off, I just haven’t updated the video yet

EDIT: check out the video now, it’s been updated

1 Like

The script is great, but i think its a bit too sensitive. I mean, I can’t do any little jump because i fall off the bike immediately.

1 Like

@TTV-MaguHD

You can play around with these two variables at the top to tweak the sensitivity: maxAllowedAccelerationBeforeFalloff and maxAllowedUpDownAccelerationBeforeFalloff

awesome

1 Like