[Release] Handling Mod For All Vehicles

Hello,

A friend and I made our own RP server, but it flopped, so we decided to share what we had, and i feel like this would be what some of you guys would want, or experiment with.

Feel free to download and put in your server, experiment, or do whatever you wish with this.

Please note, this does include 30k+ lines of code, so be carful when editing, as you might brake it. Id make a backup of it.

With this, you can change everything included Here.

To install:

Download at the link provided.
Drag handling_mod folder into your server’s resources folder
in your serever cgf add "start handling_mod
profit

If you have any questions, ask here and ill reply as fast as i can.

file scans
Virus Total Virus Scan__resource.lua (146 Bytes)
handling.meta (1.3 MB)

DOWNLOAD
https://mega.nz/#F!Z6IXBT7R!WhYSrWEU3_lf6Yc4nOuNLg

13 Likes

is this for vanilla cars ? or you have meta for edited cars in here ?

2 Likes

This is for all cars included vanilla yes. All cars should be edited in the handling.meta file, if you want vanilla cars to go faster, you could also edit the fInitialDriveMaxFlatVel line, to make cars go even faster. higher the number, faster it goes. For example, my “police2” car goes 200MPH with no mods only with the handling mod, with the fInitialDriveMaxFlatVel line set to 300.

yea i know xD but i ment for the one you replaced right are they from custom cars or they are made for VANILLA vehicles cuz if you used custom models for that specific handling it could cause the cars to flip

the Handling mod reads from vanilla cars, so say you have a custom car and its a Lamborghini and it replaces the Reaper for example, then the handling mod would read off of the Reapers speed/handling etc

yea but i am asking the handling meta provided here in this topic is edited correct ??? and the edits that were made to those entrys were done when the car was vanilla or when it was modded to your lamborghini that’s all i am asking lol

Yes when it is vanilla, but if your car is a replacement, it will read the vanilla car and think its the vanilla car, i have not tested an addon car, if its an addon car, add it into the handling.meta.

What part in the handling meta do you change to increase braking? we have a vehicle we use in our server but the brakes are garbage even with the added mods through the trainer. It has its own handling meta but i dont think im changing the right line.

You can find everything you need to know about editing the handling here
https://www.gtamodding.com/wiki/Handling.meta

4 Likes

thank you
(20 charac)

sorry for late response, but as Briglair linked, thats what i use to see what i want to change.

In your case, you would change fBrakeForce which Multiplies the game’s calculation of deceleration.

Or, you can use fBrakeBiasFront which This controls the distribution of braking force between the front and rear axles.

For anymore questions, i would refer to the handling.meta link Briglair mentioned. Thanks again for linking that <3

Thank you for the response! I increased the fBrakeForce and that helped a ton!

1 Like

So I have put in the resources/start. When trying to join localhost, I get this every time

Capture

hmm… must have been something i edited specifically to my server.

ill give you the download to the unedited version.

Here. tell me if this works. Its a Mega lnik, its just the easiest for me to use.

Download

It did not. :frowning:

I have also re-download FXServer with new files thinking I might have a really old build but it wasn’t that.

[Window Title]
FiveM Error

[Main Instruction]
FiveM has encountered an error

[Content]
An exception occurred (c0000005 at 0x7ff8991cdc71) during loading of resources:/handling_mod/data/handling.meta in data file mounter class CVehicleHandlingFileMounter. The game will be terminated.

If you require immediate support, please visit FiveM.net and mention the details in this window.

[^] Hide details [Close]

[Expanded Information]
Crash signature: gta-core-five.dll+3DC71
Report ID: … [uploading?] (use Ctrl+C to copy)

Are you putting it in your resources like this:

C:/MyServer/resrouces

or are you putting it inside another folder in resources?

Make sure its in your actual resources folder.

I have looked into my client CitizensLog I have noticed this

[ 147922] close packfile handling_mod.rpf
[ 147922] done loading resource_surrogate:/handling_mod.rpf in data file mounter class CfxPackfileMounter.
[ 147922] loading HANDLING_FILE resources:/handling_mod/handling.meta.
[ 147953] GlobalError: <> Pool Full, Size == 900 (you need to raise <> PoolSize in common/data/gameconfig.xml)
[ 147953] GlobalError: An exception occurred (c0000005 at 0x7ff898f2dc71) during loading of resources:/handling_mod/handling.meta in data file mounter class CVehicleHandlingFileMounter. The game will be terminated.
[ 148766] process exited with 213070496!

I have it in E:/FXServer / cfx-server-data / resources / handling_mod

i shoudlent have an issue then. This usually happens to me when the mod doesent like a certain custom car. Try to not run any custom cars then run your server, if it works, then keep enabling each car 1 by 1 to track it down possibly?

fresh localhost (no custom vehicles/scripts). I’ve tried default handling.meta and still errors out