🔥 [Release] Handcuffs & Rope Usable Items Resource [ESX]

Introduction
First off I want to state that I 100% Take no credit for this release as it is already released and I feel it is an unnecessary release but I have been requested to share it and release it on the forums and I hold heartedly believe in sharing with the community, This script is based off the following listed below and I made a few simple changes to the script and its probably very sloppy but it works, the only things I really changed were in the server.lua on how the script behaves I suppose so there’s that I would of made the Dragging be in a K Action menu but sadly I had no luck making the action menu work cause I suck :frowning: but this is an alternative to that :slight_smile:

What is this release?
Both resources add the item to the store as well as a use function to be able to complete its actions the rope drags people who are cuffed and the handcuffs cuff people who are infront of them.
NOTE: You can not drag people with the rope if they are not already in cuffs.

Few bugs & things that need fixing I’ve noticed

• People can unhandcuff themselves if they are handcuffed, as long as they own cuffs and use them on their self.
  • If you have rope and you try to drag a person that is not cuffed the animation happens and states they have been dragged but nothing happens (was just to lazy to add a check function to those if they are cuffed or not)

Requirements
esx_policejob
Additional
Im pretty sure if you have a base ESX server your fine this is for ESX only.

• :white_check_mark: Add Item for handcuffs
  • :white_check_mark: Add Item for dragging (rope)

Download My Modified Working Version

Original Unmodified Non KrizFrost Version of ESX_Handcuffs

This includes both esx_handcuffs & esx_rope You need to run the mysql file as well as add the items to your stores in your database yourself.
DO NOT REMOVE THE HANDCUFF FEATURE FROM THE POLICE ESX JOB IT USES THAT FUNCTION

Screenshots
Inventory Item

Use Option of Cuffs Animation

Using Rope

Dragging (Rope) Feature

Do you enjoy my releases and enjoy code? join the FiveM Help & Development discord its a discord that provides help for new people as well as allows those who create awesome scripts to show off their great work
Join our Discord

6 Likes

Why not put everthing inside of one resource instead of two different ones?

Anyways, well done.

1 Like

Was to lazy I’m sure in a few days here I’ll combine them both, but for now I mean its 100% Possible to do if you want I suppose I made the 2nd folder to make sure not to break the original one I made then just started both and never got around to merging them both.

I can make a fork on github fixing it?

1 Like

Sure if you want I mean Im new to forks and stuff so just PM me on how to pass that threw and if you can get around to it then yea :slight_smile: I don’t mind makes my life easier I barely get time to make releases between running my own RP Server and managing our community lol :slight_smile:

rope not working. I have only 2 option:Give,Throw and return any solution ?

It works out the box don’t change anything just run the mysql and start the resource on start up make sure it starts after esx_policejob

i have the same problem, rope does not work to drag, havent touched anything

They have to be cuffed before you drag them

Why it dont work, i have a esx_handcuffs and esx_rope in ESX in Cfg, but it still dont work. This scripts is under policejob. Pls help

Nice script. anyway of sharing your menu too :smiley: it looks sweet!!

Yeah i´d like a menu to that would be great

Hey, I’ve got a problem with handcuffs, i must be a policeman to use them, is there any possible way that people without that job can use it?

This was the fix for me.

1 Like

Thanks dude, it worked for me too!

Where should I put this?

policejob server.lua

so is this going to get made into one resource? i was hoping to find a ziptie item

Just rename the item to ziptie

i remade the handcuff script from esx police because it did not work well. so i dont think this would work unless it was made into its own resource