[Release] Functional Pala Springs Aerial Tramway

Pala Springs Aerial Tramway

An implementation of the Pala Springs Aerial Tramway for FiveM

This script has been commented (very) heavily for the sake of allowing people to understand how it works

Features:

Automatically moving cable cars moving up and down the Pala Springs Aerial Tramway

Syncing between players (during landing at bottom platform)

Cars can be ridden by entering them and pressing E (while they are docked)

Audio like the movement sound, doors opening/closing and the arrival/departure cue.

Disclaimer:

This script tries to sync the cars, but it is not guaranteed that they are synced at all times

How to use:

Enter the car while it’s docked at any of the platforms, press E to properly attach to the car, and you’re good to go!

If you’re still within the car when it leaves and you haven’t attached yourself, you’ll be kicked out.

You’re unable to move or leave while the car is moving.

Once you arrive at a platform, you can press E again to detach yourself and walk out.

Preview:

Download and source:

Thanks to @sadboilogan for their help in making this happen in the first place

44 Likes

A big thank you for your sharing, I wondered if one day someone would publish it, this one out … thank you wholeheartedly +1 :kissing_heart:

Amazing work man, keep up the good releases :fire:

yum yum yum

1 Like

Then make them accessible yourself? Besides, Rockstar never even intended for cablecars to be used in anything BUT singleplayer, so it would probably be more difficult to even do so.

Thanks m8 good work

Norwegian DEVS

Thanks!!!

Not everything needs to be up to role-playing standards when it comes to interaction.
You could consider this a working proof of concept.
Plus, the code is commented such as that people can expand upon it, and with the state machine layout it uses, you could easily do things while they are docked at the platforms.

1 Like

UPDATE:

The cars should now (try to) sync every second landing, and are actually useable!

The cars now also play audio properly

How to use:

Enter the car while it’s docked at any of the platforms, press E to properly attach to the car, and you’re good to go!

If you’re still within the car when it leaves and you haven’t attached yourself, you’ll be kicked out.

You’re unable to move or leave while the car is moving.

Once you arrive at a platform, you can press E again to detach yourself and walk out.

Enjoy the role plays

4 Likes

If this is possible, then is the ferris wheel and roller coaster possible? (just wondering)

The roller coaster works fundamentally the same, yes, although it’s a track with twists and turns, plus it’s got multiple cars in a train so the implementation is somewhat different.

As demonstrated with this video using the code from the cable cars during development

The ferris wheel I don’t know about yet

3 Likes

too much fan :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Just wondering, when that’s done, are you going to release it or keep it private?

I haven’t even started doing anything, the video was from mid-development of the cable cars, just replacing the path with the path defined by the roller coaster

Ah alright :slight_smile: Thanks for the response and if you do it one day, IT WOULD BE AMAZING :slight_smile: I have been looking for it for a long time.

When the plugin gets restarted, the cabin shows for around a second, then dissapears. Only 4 doors are shown (of the cabin car)

Sounds like you might be running some anti-griefing resource that blacklists and deletes the cablecar prop, as it’s been a common jail prop used by modders.

Yeah i think so i dont have that problem

Ah yep, it turns out it’s Blu’s Anticheat. Thanks

Lovely!

1 Like