[RELEASE] [FREE] Rockstar Editor (w/ Logs & UI)

Hey all! This is my first resource release on the forums - it’s a fairly simple but useful script that allows you to record your in-game footage with Rockstar Editor through a clean UI (courtesy of MenuV). I noticed a lot of people in the community asking for something like this, so I decided to make it myself. It also has a logging feature which logs to a file and/or server console (configurable) whenever someone starts/deletes/saves a recording. I hope you all enjoy and find this useful!

Dependencies:
MenuV

Download:
GitHub
Tebex
nad_rockstar.zip (2.8 KB)

Showcase:

Rockstar Editor (w/ Logs & UI) | @NadPlayz (Try this link if preview does not work)

Configuration:

Config.command = "rockstar" -- Change this to whatever you want the command to be

-- [[ Logs ]] --
Config.enableLogs = true -- Change this to false if you want to disable logs
Config.logToFile = true -- Change this to false if you do not want to log to a file // NOTE: Must have a 'log.txt' file in the resource folder.

Config.printToConsole = true -- Change this to false if you do not want every event to print to server console
-- [[ Logs ]] -- 

-- [[ Locale ]] --
-- Menu Slider Buttons
Config.buttonRecord = "Start Recording"
Config.buttonSaveClip = "Save Recording"
Config.buttonDelClip = "Discard Recording"
Config.buttonEditor = "Open Editor"

-- Notifications
Config.record = "Started recording"
Config.saveclip = "Saved recording"
Config.delclip = "Discarded recording"
Config.editor = "Opening Rockstar Editor"

-- Logs
Config.logRecord = " began recording"
Config.logSaveClip = " saved a recording"
Config.logDelClip = " discarded a recording"
Config.logEditor = " opened Rockstar Editor"
-- [[ Locale ]] --

If you have any questions or would like to report a bug, please feel free to reply to this forum post or create an Issue on GitHub. Thank you! :heart:

16 Likes

Rockstar editor you can open from pause menu right? Maybe it’s a little bit high mb saveb video. Anyway thank you so much it’s very beautiful!

1 Like

Yes, I do believe you can open the R* Editor from the pause menu. However, this script adds the recording and saving functionality using FiveM natives. Thank you for your comment!

3 Likes

Does this help with Rockstar editor crashing?

Seems like anytime I record a video, then go into the editor - it crashes while loading into the editor preview.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, it does not - that’s a FiveM issue that has been occurring in more recent server builds. I’m surprised that the issue has still not been addressed by them. Sadly, the only solution for that is to roll back to an older server build. I hope this helps, and thank you for your comment.

5 Likes

I actually appreciate the answer on this. Thought ive tried everything… but never thought about trying to roll the server back - even if its just to capture a video then bring it back.

Do you have any suggestions on what version to roll back to?

Thank you for the free resource as well, using menuV looks great!

4 Likes

Yeah, no problem - I think people have made it work by going all the way back to build 1604 (and maybe turning off OneSync?). Glad you like the resource!

2 Likes

No use when editor is mcfucked and crashes 47 times for 1 clip :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Eh, it can still be useful if you need to capture in-game footage (like, if you’re trying to make a server trailer). You can swap to an older server build and use it fine to get some clips.

This seems like a great alternative to hopping through vMenu sections to start recording; i feel like i could set up a keybind for this in my radialmenu and i might be able to start recording faster. Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No problem, glad you like it!

2 Likes

so us the a fivem problem or…
everytime i try to record it wont let me and says “clips need to 3 seconds long” even tho i press f3 once?

Hm, that’s strange. F3 is not a keybind in this script. Type /rockstar (by default) and start recording. Then, when you want to stop recording, press “save recording”.

1 Like

Nice one :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

does this work with lambda?

Thanks, I appreciate it :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Yes, it should work fine alongside Lambda Menu.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s my PC or the script because it doesn’t load the editor when I give it to edit. It stays in the clip loading screen …

Hmm… I’m not sure - maybe try loading into Rockstar Editor from the FiveM main menu and see if that works.

Hey how to fix? im started resuorce and his work with name menuv