[Release] Extra Map Tiles - Add extra map and minimap texture tiles

If you have multiple maps on top of each other on the Z axis, you could make a separate script that checks the Z coord of the player and draws or deletes the required tiles for the map he is currently in, using the exported functions (detailed in the exports section). Shouldn’t be too hard to make. Also, make sure to use the latest version of this resource, since I added export functions yesterday. Lmk if you need extra help.

nice, maybe can use polyzones, tnx great work

1 Like

care to share?

If @L1CKS approves me posting them here, then yeah, I’ll share the .ytd’s I made. But I cannot provide any support for them.
And if they are used in any scripting or release, the release needs to credit sources and be free.

Yeah sure, not a problem for me.

Hey guys, do you want a minimap that works with FiveM without consuming the ONE .gfx file we’re able to use?

Well.

Here’s a little guide to get it to work.

The map isn’t centered 100% accurately.

I made this at the end of a 6 hour photoshop/coding spree and I was tired af. With that said, if you’re capable, you can edit the textures.

Step 1: Download this mod: [Release] Extra Map Tiles - Add extra map and minimap texture tiles
Step 2: Drop the .yds into the stream folder.
Step 3: Make sure the extraTiles = {} argument looks like this, at least:

extraTiles = {

-- 2x2 square in the top left corner of the default map's tile grid.    
    [1] = {xOffset = 2, yOffset = -1, txd = "minimap_sea_6_1", txn = "minimap_sea_6_1"}, -- Cayo bottom right
    [2] = {xOffset = 2, yOffset = -2, txd = "minimap_sea_6_2", txn = "minimap_sea_6_2"}, -- Cayo bottom right
    -- Another tile in the middle, on the right side of the default map.

}

Step 4: Go to your server.cfg and ensure ExtraMapTiles
Step 5: Profit

As the devs move forward with expansion, hopefully they are able to provide us with the png tiles needed or at least a png. I will make no promises on updating these ytd’s as the expansion continues, beyond doing it when I can, as I am the main dev responsible for my own project right now.

If you want the cayo perico tiles and you use this mod: [Release] Postal Code Map & Minimap - New & Improved - v1.3
Here are compatible ytds for that.
Add this code to your existing table

[3] = {xOffset = 1, yOffset = -2, txd = "minimap_sea_4_3", txn = "minimap_sea_4_3"}, -- Cayo top left
    [4] = {xOffset = 2, yOffset = -2, txd = "minimap_sea_4_4", txn = "minimap_sea_4_4"}, -- Cayo top right
    [5] = {xOffset = 1, yOffset = -3, txd = "minimap_sea_5_3", txn = "minimap_sea_5_3"}, -- Cayo bottom left
    [6] = {xOffset = 2, yOffset = -3, txd = "minimap_sea_5_4", txn = "minimap_sea_5_4"}, -- Cayo bottom right

And if you’re using the same postal map and you want Roxwood, here is that as well (you will need to insert this with the postal code map resource NOT the ExtraMapTiles resource).

Make sure to back up your original Paleto map tile.

Venturas ytds

• minimap_sea_6_1
  • minimap_sea_6_2
  • Add to ExtraMapTiles and config

Cayo ytd’s

• minimap_sea_4_3
  • minimap_sea_4_4
  • minimap_sea_5_3
  • minimap_sea_5_4
  • Add to ExtraMapTiles and config
  • I included in this download the version w/o the bridge, so please ignore the bridge in the screenshot.

Roxwood/Paleto ytd’s

• minimap_sea_0_0
  • minimap_0_0
  • Add to the Postal Code Map Resource and backup original.

My config for ExtraMapTiles

Just in case you want to install Cayo AND Venturas and don’t trust yourself editing the config for w/e reason.

1 Like

Ventura Project: https://fivem.las-venturas.com/
Roxwood: https://ambitioneers.tebex.io/category/subscribe

Nice post.

1 Like

For some reason the tiles seem to be oversized, even the template ones? Any idea why?

You could resize them to something like 3072x3072 pixels to not get that “oversize” warning. Anything with aspect ratio 1:1 works actually as far as resolution, but I’d say 3072x3072 is the best option.

not talking about the oversized assets warning I mean’t in the pause menu the tile appears far bigger than it should be.

Can you show it to me?

This is what it looks like zoomed all the way out as far as I can go. This is the default template that is provided in the ZIP

No, looks fine to me. The screenshots I posted may have mislead you regarding the size, I was using a script that changed the zoom level of the pause menu map so I could showcase more in one picture.

If I place tiles at offsets to match the default map tiles (minimap_sea_x_y) it looks like this, and they match perfectly with the default ones:

Don’t mind my resolution

These are 4500x4500 in in-game units after all… They are not exactly small.

You can try it yourself with this config:

[1] = {xOffset = 0, yOffset = 0, txd = "minimap_extra_tile_1", txn = "extra_tile_1"},
[2] = {xOffset = 1, yOffset = 0, txd = "minimap_extra_tile_1", txn = "extra_tile_1"},
[3] = {xOffset = 0, yOffset = -1, txd = "minimap_extra_tile_1", txn = "extra_tile_1"},
[4] = {xOffset = 1, yOffset = -1, txd = "minimap_extra_tile_1", txn = "extra_tile_1"},
[5] = {xOffset = 0, yOffset = -2, txd = "minimap_extra_tile_1", txn = "extra_tile_1"},
[6] = {xOffset = 1, yOffset = -2, txd = "minimap_extra_tile_1", txn = "extra_tile_1"},

hmm that’s odd, I lined up this canada map in GIMP using layers, I used the default tiles and put them together as separate layers to make a “template” then went from there. But it didn’t look right in-game.

The highlighted layer in the center is 0_0 for reference

Why didn’t it look right in-game? Was it misaligned or?

it look bigger than what it should be, I’ll give it another whirl and see jf jt lines up. How do you zoom out more than I can, this is as far as I can go.

Looks fine, really. You can always scale & align the graphics in gimp/photoshop anyway… As for the pause menu zoom:

Put this in any client-side CreateThread(). It has to run only once.

SetMapZoomDataLevel(0, 0.96, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)
SetMapZoomDataLevel(1, 1.6, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)
SetMapZoomDataLevel(2, 8.6, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)
SetMapZoomDataLevel(3, 12.3, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)
SetMapZoomDataLevel(4, 25.0, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)
SetMapZoomDataLevel(5, 30.3, 0.9, 0.08, 0.0, 0.0)

Thank you will give this a try and update you if I run into issues, worst case scenario it could probably be a misalignment with all my layers, I might use the template for reference to get them lined up right lol

1 Like

So yeah it’s actually lined up for me, it was just the zoom level messing with me lol.