[Release] Extra Map Tiles - Add extra map and minimap texture tiles

do you have a discord server where you offer support or something?

Youā€™re not allowed to post Discord links on the formus soā€¦ go PMs

1 Like

Looks great! :eyes:
~ J

3 Likes

Wooo ZAP

need help add minimap liberty city remix 1.0

Help with whatā€¦?

I am probably nit picking here but is there anyway to fix this little gap between tiles?

This could also be caused either by the texture itself or the compression method. Iā€™ll look into it and get back to you.

Yes, so what Iā€™ve tried:

• Overlapping the tiles to get rid of the gap. This didnā€™t work as the textures were visibly overlapping by 1 pixel.
  • Changing the resolution of the textures to multiples of 4500 since the default game tile is 4500x4500 to circumvent any rounding errors when the script upscales or downscales the texture to fit in the tile.
  • Changing the compression methods and mipmap levels.
  • Messing around with the zoomdata levels.

I donā€™t think I can do much about this, looks like this is due to how the scaleforms are rendered internally since the gaps disappear and appear based on the position and zoom level of the map. I donā€™t exclude the possibility that there is something wrong in my script, but the core of it is actually just a few lines and I canā€™t really see anything that would cause this.

You could try to use bigger textures if you donā€™t already. I used 8192x8192 atlas textures for the liberty city + vice city mod and the gaps were acceptable.

photo

1 Like

So managed somewhat of a workaround using custom textures and the coord placing feature, so I was able to fit islands like cayo and roxwood into a single tile instead of breaking them up, thus removing the gaps.

1 Like

Nice, looks great. I appreciate that you took the time to actually read the ā€œusageā€ section. :slight_smile:

1 Like