5/5/2020 UPDATE *
Adds a cellphone simcard item, which when used allows players to change their cellphone number.
- dpemotes (OPTIONAL) (https://github.com/andristum/dpemotes)
- gcphone (OPTIONAL) (https://github.com/N3MTV/gcphone)
- Clone or download this repository
- Add esx_simcards to your resources directory
- Ensure esx_simcards in your server.cfg
- Run db.sql to insert simcard item into your DB (optional if Config.RequiresSimItem is true in config.lua)
How it works
- Requires player to have SIM card item
- Use the item from your inventory to change numbers
- The mod handles formatting of the numbers so players must input 7 digits without any dashes or special characters, or letters, numbers only. The new number i.e 1234567 will be checked against DB and saved as 123-4567 (the mod handles validation, notifications for invalid inputs and the standard 111-1111 phone number format)
- If using gcphone mod, once a player changes their number, it will get updated on their phone and their messages related to the number will be visible, as well as phone calls (this applies to switching back and forth to any numbers)
- Contacts are stored on the phone not number, so are not affected by number changes
- We have a custom progress system we use on our server which is visible in the video, this is not included in this mod and for release sake was replaced with a standard Citizen.Wait(Config.TimeToChange) call if using the dpemotes optional addon to let the animation play, and get killed after the configured time, after which the number change is completed.