[Release][ESX] Police Vehicle Tracker [with UI]

Description

This resource gives your police the ability to track any kind of vehicle given that you have its license plate. When the tracker is activated it displays a moving blip on the map, tracking the location of the vehicle. All trackers are synched via server-side so if a cop joins the server there’s no problem displaying the active trackers. The vehicle tracker comes with a user-friendly interface and it’s easy to customize if you please to do so. This is my first time releasing a resource so if you have any questions or feedback then please drop a comment down below, thanks!

Features

• You can track any kind of vehicle
  • You can remove active trackers
  • Active trackers expire under a certain amount of time
  • Synched with all players including server-side
  • Easy customizable via the config file
  • User-friendly UI

Usage

Get into a vehicle and make sure your job is set to police then open the tracker with F9 (can be changed in the config) and input the license plate then click search. To remove the license plate from the tracker click remove.

Installation

Drop the given folder into the esx folder and start it in the server.cfg.

Showcase

Menu:

Adding vehicle to tracker:

Removing vehicle from tracker:
Download

Direct
mark-b_police-tracker.rar (29.6 KB)
Github
https://github.com/Mark-B1/mark-b_police-tracker

30 Likes

Fantastic work!

5 Likes

nice job

1 Like

cool job m8

2 Likes

man you are taking the police job to the next lvl with this release fantastic work man keep it up

1 Like

Damn this resource is really good man, for some reason i encounter 1 issue tho, if i am correct, the UI is spamming unless you move the cursor, if you dont move the cursor when opening and you send a message for debugging, it sends a lot of times the message until you move the cursor, i even tried to open a tablet when doing this action and the tablet was opening/closing multiple times in few seconds. Could you check it out?

2 Likes

I’ll take a look in a second.

1 Like

For me it works just for spawned cars, but not for cars from garage that got plate like “DRZ 123”. How to fix it?

the script is really good other than my mouse still thinking that the ui is open when I press ESC to get out of it and my game freezes

2 Likes

U still renamed the script? it has to name: mark-b_police-tracker - otherwise js will not work. @TheTrueUprising

2 Likes

Ah yes, it’s GitHub as it names my resource -master, remove the -master and the whole script should work just fine. Example: mark-b_police-tracker-master remove master and it should look like that: mark-b_police-tracker… I’ll upload the source to this website as well. @TheTrueUprising

@BacktoBasicsRP.de It should work just fine, make sure you input it like that with the white space as well.

Example

What if I just named it police tracker would that cause the issue or does it need the b in front of it ??

Is there a way you can make it use two control buttons pressed to open it? It keeps interfering with other keybinds. Hoping we can do like left ctrl+t. Just not sure how to do that

Sure thing, is there a way to create a gif for you to see the issue? so i can help you faster?

@Nosmakos Please do, as I have just double-checked it and it works fine on my end.

@TheTrueUprising Name it mark-b_police-tracker as it is, otherwise, if you want a custom name for the resource for whatever reason then you need to edit few things in the html/handler.js.

1 Like

Yea lol nah no reason to have it be custom lol sounds good tho

1 Like

Or just rename the shit in the js file…

T interferes with the chat unless you have it bound to a different key. @entropiagaming

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
    while true do
      Citizen.Wait(5)

if IsControlPressed(1, 341) and IsControlJustPressed(1, 183) then --CTRL + G
            local playerData = ESX.GetPlayerData()
            if isInVehicle() and playerData.job.name == "police" then 
                SetNuiFocus(true, true)
                SendNUIMessage({type = 'ui', display = true})
            end
        end
    end
end)