[Release][EssentialMode] Me command, Do command and Private Messaging

You talk like I know how to script, If I knew how to script I wouldn’t be writing here now would I. Am just posting my comments so hopefully other people can fix it or modified the script.

can you make it so it dont need essentialsmode

Very cool, it works well in my server!

Dosent seem to be working for me, once i have it installed correctly and edited the autostartresource file, the server freezes

scripts dont work they dont show up in server

They seem to work for Others have you got essentialmode

New UPDATE:

Private messaging has been added above to the list

1 Like

I have Essential Mode and they don’t work. :frowning:

Possible so admins in essentialmode can view the messages?

Where do i put the sv_mecommand.lua and the __resource.lua files please help im new to this thankyou.!

Im trying to learn some lua could you possibly explain what the different parts of the private message script does?

how do u make the /do /me command locally?

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your script, I had a question. I’m trying to do the private messaging through a chatbox. Like you have to press a button to open the citizen menu and you can send a text to someone, there is a chatbox to put the ID of the guy and a chatbox to put the message. But I can’t make it work, could you help me please ?

Any chance you can update these for FX servers? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This one seems to work with fxserver

-- ME COMMAND (/me [Message]) Outcomes: Name Message (All in purple)
TriggerEvent('es:addCommand', 'me', function(source, args, user)
    table.remove(args, 1)
    TriggerClientEvent('chatMessage', -1, "", {255, 0, 0}, " ^6 " .. GetPlayerName(source) .."  ".."^6  " .. table.concat(args, " "))
end)

is there anyway to make the ./me command work w/o es because I love how it has no colon

just use the console as a log, or I have it setup use a webhook with discord so I can see anything and everything that is typed into chat.

FiveM uses something called CFXLua. If you want to learn proper Lua, google it or go to lua.org.

i assume essentialmode is needed

help dont work the private message