[Release] EssentialMode base

Yeah i wish i could atleast get the old MySQL one back… :frowning:

1 Like

I couldn’t care less about what you just said, none of this was initially for the public at all.

Thank you for all the work you have done for FiveM and I am sure everyone else can agree. It is sad to see projects like this die but everything comes to an end. I wish you good luck with your future projects. Take care.

Alrighty then, play ball. Thanks for the support / work you have put into FiveM and more importantly, thanks for the attitude. I hope to catch you around in the future whenever you take care of the “private” community issues you are dealing with.

If you want, we could start to make a hook for different dbs. It’s just a simple backend anyway. That way I think all kids would be happy.

Also, it would be backwards compatible with older versions for people that rely on hardcoded scripts.

It’s going to take a lot of effort tho, but I could join you in this should you be interested.

Personally I don’t care if it’s MySQL/MariaDB/Mongo/Couchdb/SQLite or whatever it’s just a backend.

The hard part would be to try to figure out a way to do the logic in a way so that functions work for all DBs but hey that’s the fun part :slight_smile:

I personally liked the essentialbase, it was a nice way to quickly add your own code without having to take care of a lot of small and boring things

People complaining are just the emokisa bitching because their “megarpservers” with 200 extensions that they added, without a single line of their own code, do not work. People had the chance to fork on github and contribute their improvements. Haters gonna hate.

Cheers

1 Like

Guys, just calm down and prepare for a totally awesome solution.

It will be great if they release something like that. :slight_smile:

So go and tell the devs. FiveM is made for us, and they should know your opinion.

Wow you can’t do that really… gonna take a look at ■■■■■■■■■■■

I was wondering why everything was blocked and you couldn’t ask for support about one of the most relied on resources for FiveM.

Everyone just read this and wait it out, better updates are coming.

he discontinued the project… after he and other argued over the very sudden update…

I’m aware after reading the posts today, but kane was still a mod a couple days ago so it was more confusing.

Version 3.0.0 put back, lets not overreact.

3 Likes

Hi kanerps first thanks for your job, second can you quickly explain the advantages of using couchdb cause i really don’t know it. Thanks in advance and thanks for your past and futur releases

Just @Kanersps, can you explain me simply why you choose to migrate on CouchDB ? I didn’t follow the story about that.

me neither… what are the PROS/CONS for CouchDB vs mysql??? i have mysql experience… but 0 with couchdb… would love to hear the reason behind why the move…

The way mysql was used would often break the server, the easiest solution was doing this. Once FiveM adds native mysql support I’ll add it back as an option.

1 Like

There is no SQL file anymore in the download. Could you please add it back so we can create the database?

CouchDB isn’t a classic database. There isn’t ansy SQL files : http://couchdb.apache.org/

It doesn’t work, because es*admin is still using MySQL… it needs a port to CouchDB as well

I think, as long as it doesn’t fuck up the server, the new DB is fine. MySQL isn’t needed for small data amounts like on a GTA V server.

@Kanersps How’s it hanging? :slight_smile: Will there be a port of em-admin to CouchDB?

Regards,
Jean