Should we move to ES3.0?

Hello everyone,

You have certainly seen the Essencial Mode update and there choise to go for NoSQL.

My question is more for advanced developers than for scripts kidy, will you go on this version or stay on the old one?
We all need to know if the community will moove to this version and support it or not.

What do you think about this?

Thanks

What do you mean “support” it. It’s just an update for a resource that a huge majority use, it’s not as if it’s the default server package.

You update ES if you’re capable of updating the rest of the resource, if you’re not, don’t update.

I am
I wanted to know if I will be the only one to moove into this version or if major actor will make this moove aswell.

I mean, if i’m alone, i wont go, if im not, i will update (Don’t want to be alone vs wild !)

The people that know what they’re doing will move and go on to make a decent resource, the ones who don’t move will have an unstable and resource heavy server.

Alternately, don’t depend on a resource made by a child who can’t properly act on criticism or code ‘right’ at all.

This is the FiveM forums, not the ‘essential-mode’ forums.

Future server updates will contain a built-in command handler/ACL/admin system; and a proper asynchronous MySQL library will be released within a week.

7 Likes

Alternately, try not to depend on any resource at all.

I began scripting 2 weeks ago on GTA5 (but I am webdeveloper since 5 years), I found some clues in the ES resource for learning some scripting basic mechanics but I never considered it as a mandatory script.

Maybe I stole some functions or handler here and there but I tried the best not to use it, and I won’t speak about the DB model which… well this should be custom made as long as nothing framework-like has been truly implemented and tested (hell of a job though)

Those who are shouting “That update broke everything” can only blame themselves.
Rely on the FiveM client only and game native functions because the first provides support and natives are stable.

Many scripts have been develop so far based only on ES presence and believe me, their creators will regret that sooner or later when the client will provide the tools for better scripts development.

Don’t hesitate to reply and argue if necessary.
Keep up the good work guys, because great stuff is coming ahead I believe !

1 Like

I don’t really agreee with that :slight_smile: (Probably cause im not a real develloper by my side.)

I think that a common base to work on is better than everyone making is own.
Of course, if people don’t want to share and play the game of the Open-Source scripts, make is own ressource can be a good idea. And of course, get a personalised ressource.

if everyone work on the same base, it could be more efficient no ?

Alone we go faster, together we go further.

Just my opinion nothing more :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am so hyped for this. Oh my God.

1 Like

I managed to get the OLD MYSQL for ES-MODE, including partially updated documentation… Could we “respawn” that project maybe and rename the project… and still give credits to original developer…???

I would personally consider doing this a dick move. The developer discontinued the project for a reason, it’s best to respect that and just let the project die.

Also, with the update in works that gives all the features essential gave, it’s probably best just to wait for it…

Thats amazing I can’t wait for the update

Ye why i wanted to ask… but also why i wanted to give full credits to him…

which update is that and when is it comming?

he just re-released ES 3.0

Awesome, can’t wait for the new update! Hyped for it!

omg, proper MySQL support. I can’t wait.

1 Like

Btw, just asking for chance, does anyone have the old essentials SQL stuff i can pinch until we get this new one in a few days

I as well am seeking an older version until things are sorted out. It’s been an interesting day to muck with things and find out that CouchDB being introduced really threw a hatchet at the barn door. heh

Nice,
but if the problem is the blocking state of MySQL, why not adding a generic solution by adding threads to the server (or too complicated ?).

Whens that update coming?