[RELEASE] Effect on car accident

Resource that adds effect on crash. Strength of screen shake and time of effect depends of how much speed car lost or how much damage was dealt to it’s body. Works well with bleeding resource as this one is using different effects. Speed or damage loss needed to show effect as well as effect time can be easily configured in config.lua

preview

Installation:

Copy the folder to you server recources folder,
Add this to your server.cfg:

start accidenteffect

Updates:

• Added feature to change how long controls stay disabled.

• Decreased screen shake effect strength, added to config file

Todo:

• add dizziness when player exits a car;
  • simplify code;

If anyone has any issues, finds bug or has suggestions I’m happy to hear from you

12 Likes

I LOVE YOU, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I was wanting and searching for this script a lot of time, thank you.

Edit: How can I do for continue desabling the w, a, s, d and f keys when crashEffect?

1 Like

if a cop pits do they also get this effect ? or does it register high impacts ?

If that deals at least 15 damage to car body then it does trigger the effect, but you can change the values in config file. I might implement in future that cops would be more resistant to it

Thanks for feedback.
I just updated the script that you are able to specify how much time has to be left till effect ends to enable controls again

I beg anyone who uses this, remove the screen shake. My lord, I would quit any server that had this effect on it. I felt sick watching the preview.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Actually same for me if I look intensively to the screen while it shakes but you can change the strength of this effect by changing a couple of values. Will update the code in a bit to decrease it

2 Likes

nice release by the way I think it’s a bit unrealistic
can you reduce screen vibration?

Thank you. You can configure the speed loss values in config.lua file

yea i see well done :heart_eyes: :clap:

How could the driver and passengers be trapped in the car until the firefighter arrived? the screen goes dark. This allows a Fireman’s RP, with removal of the driver from the car.

This seems very similar to this script:

1 Like

Yeah it’s awful

1 Like

jesus christ

ughhh my eyes…apart from that, cool release!

I suggest you to reduce screen vibration. This can make another slow down their car…

it is reduced, i updated the resource after putting the video

1 Like

Could you share your hud ?

i mean his config of it.