[Release][Discord Integration] Simple Player Report System w/ Discord Webhook

FiveM Report Player Script With Discord Integration

This is a basic script based off of @FAXES semi-release for reporting players. I added embeds and made the overall system much better!

Features:

• Discord Webhook Integration with Embeds
  • Displays Person being Reported, the Reporter, and The Reason for Report
  • Optionally - you can add a role to ping when a report has been filed.
  • Suggestion fill in that shows them that it must be `/report [id] [reason]

Installation

• Download the files from the GitHub repository or directly :
    https://github.com/LoganCyp/report-player
  • Go to s_report.lua and put your webhook link into the file
  • Go to you server.cfg and start the resource
Adding a Role To Ping

Edit this line in the s_report.lua file
local role = "576206163612401684" -- Must be a role id
After this it will ping whatever role id that is, also before asking how to get role ID’s read this:

• you can click on a persons name and right click on the role and press copy id
  • or you can do \@Role and this will print the role id!

Usage and Screenshots

Do /report [id] [reason]
or /report [id]

A chat message will pop up either confirming the report has been sent or the parameter was incorrectly typed in.

• Without Role Id
    Capture
  • With Role ID
    test
  • Using the latest commit from the GitHub w/ role id
    example

Support

If you need support with the script, then don’t hesitate to DM me!

Known Errors

I see people getting incorrect ID’s when using the ESX or VRP framework, I never work with said frameworks, so if anyone that uses that framework has a fix, I’d love to hear it.

12 Likes

Wowoowowwoow ive been looking for something like this FOREVER my staff don’t seem to know how to look at reports this will help thanks

2 Likes

Yeah i don’t know how to look at reports either this is very useful for reading!

For me its not working when i put my the webhook link and save / start when i type /report Big Error in-game chat

1 Like

Are you doing /report id reason

If you type in the incorrect id (aka a non-exsistant one) it will spit out an error, i’m fixing it next release.

I fixed it so now if you put in the incorrect fields such as invalid id or not filling in the entire section, it will print a local error for you! It is updated on the github repository!

Update as well - I took away direct download as I can’t as actively commit changes

doing exactly as you have described /report id reason and it still says , please make sure to fill in all fields

1 Like

I messed it up final commit - its going to be changed

It now accepts both /report id and /report id reason, and only if the id is incorrect will it say fill in the proper fields.

Sorry that i broke multiple times!

Can you maybe test your changes before committing? Now you’ve pushed a change that is invalid Lua syntax and won’t work.

1 Like

No need to appologise you have made a awesome script here :smiley:

1 Like

Oh man am I messing up - I didn’t get an error parsing the first time but now I do, really sorry about that Ill make sure it works for the next commit!

Okay sorry for the hassle - the script should work now!

works great thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done I like it

1 Like

Great script! I made something like this a while ago, just never released it lol. Beat me to it!

1 Like

can i ask how to add a discord role to be tagged with it?

1 Like

Enable devmode in discord settings, then right click on a role and click “copy id” to ping that role type <#id here> in the message but that doesn’t ping if it’s in an embed

1 Like

technically it should look like this:

print(“The User”… username … " Was Reported to 568335005042999336!") right?

1 Like

Are you trying to ping someone, I can make it so that before the embed it pings a role id.