[Release] Car Crash Detection

@Mr.Scammer - what @BeMeTV mentioned - is that posible ?? - thanks

@Thor Definitely if one sets that, the car for example at the first accident breaks

This is a really nice script, but like others have said it takes a lot of crashing before the car actually dies. If you could make it happen sooner, that’d be great!

2 Likes

In case anyone still wants the source, here it is (along with some more old abandoned scripts of mine).

2 Likes

You sir are a legend. Im so enthrilled by your open source mind, that i quite think ill make my source availbe too when my stuff is done.

Where can I adjust in the file how much damage the car gets in an accident?

To add bloat:

• Make the thresholds configurable through a config file
  • Use some kind of timer instead of a fixed time loop (and make that timeout configurable too)
2 Likes

How do i install them? Do i compile them into a .DLL File? if so, how do i do that

create new folder in resource an name this “carcrash” put the dll in the folder and create a __resource.lua and than “client_script ‘carcrash.net.dll’” and and this to your resource start file from server and than restart your server

No what i mean is that, how do i change the damage the car gets through the .dll

Hay guys has this stopped working for anyone else.

Yes, it has not worked for me in a long time. But we do have the source code, we will have to wait for someone to make an update or make one ourselves Source: Here

just tried this but as stated above it doesn’t work, anyone got a working version their willing to share? if not how can we edit the health of cars?

I edited the src to this to add the electric cars to the dmg list as it would only work with cars with engines it worked well on my windows test server but soon as I moved to a ubuntu server it stopped working am still trying to work out why…

1 Like

I’m going to try and work on this tonight. I’ve seen several servers using this, and it’s working. Which means they aren’t sharing. Rest assured if I get it working I will share it. :smiley:

5 Likes

Turns out it might have been worth reviving the thread after all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any idea if we can get this working again??? Such a great script and much needed for us RP servers…
Thanks

This is gonna take some time. I need to know why it stopped working before I can do anything. I don’t know exactly when it stopped working. After an update it just stopped working. So I’m trying to pinpoint when it stopped. Looking through update changelogs and looking at the source code. There was something that broke it, I need to find out what that something was. UPDATE: so I’ve tried numerous things my version of visuals doesn’t recognize the tool version used to create the source code. I guess my version is too old and I need tool version 14. It would be a great help to the community if a developer with the proper version needed could look into this. Especially since recently there has been a few .DLL resources released.

4 Likes

Hbk came to the rescue!

1 Like

great script, works fine for me