[Release][C#] Light Trail

Light Trail

Master Development
Build status Build status

Description

The script aims to recreate the light trail effect from the popular Anime “Initial D”.
Each vehicle can be set to have its trails either always on, or showing only while the vehicle is braking

Features of the script

• Add tail lights trails to vehicles
  • Add brake lights trails to vehicles

Client Commands

• trail_mode <off|on|brake>: Sets the player’s vehicle trail mode
  • trail_print: Prints info about all the vehicles with a trail on

Example

Remember that you can write commands in the console, or, by prefixing them with a /, in chat:

• trail_mode on: Sets the player’s vehicle trail mode to be in always on mode (trails will be always showing from tail lights)
  • trail_mode brake: Sets the player’s vehicle trail mode to be in brake mode (trails will appear from brake lights only when braking)
  • trail_mode off: Removes the player’s vehicle trail

Source
Download
I am open to any kind of feedback. Report suggestions and bugs you find.

Build

Open the postbuild.bat and edit the path of the resource folder. If in Debug configuration, the post build event will copy the following files to the specified path: the built assembly of the script and the fxmanifest.lua.

Installation

1. Download the zip file from the release page
  2. Extract the content of the zip to the resources folder of your server (it should be a folder named light-trail)
  3. Enable the resource in your server config (start light-trail)

Limitations

• In brake mode, if the player is holding brake and throttle control at the same time the brake status isn’t triggered, this is because at the moment it’s using brake pressure data of each wheel, once FiveM will add an extra-native to read brake pedal pressure, this should be fixed.

Curiosities

The script could have used networked particle effects (net ptfx) and let GTA V engine sync them with all the players although there are some problems:

• FiveM OneSync servers at the moment don’t support net ptfx yet, so the trails wouldn’t sync with the players
  • Even if FiveM OneSync server will support net ptfx in future, it won’t be a good idea to rely on game engine to sync the net ptfx as that isn’t done fast enough to allow the script to work in brake mode, as that requires to check each frame if a vehicle is braking.

Credits

Video Showcase

Always on Mode video showcase #1

Brake Mode video showcase #1

Brake Mode video showcase #2

Always on Mode video showcase #2

7 Likes

Link Video ?

1 Like

Great release

Could you link the video? It won’t load

1 Like

how do you get cpu /gpu info displayed

cl_drawPerf 1

1 Like

What is the use of this? :thinking:

Description

The script aims to recreate the light trail effect from the popular Anime “Initial D”.

I’ve just fixed a bug which prevented vehicles from synchronize when switching trail mode without changing vehicle. Get artifacts from development branch to get the updated version.

Where are you located in the second video?

Good to see something fresh brought to FiveM! Keep up the great work man.

First two videos, it’s somewhere i LS, third is a custom map on a server, fourth it’s a map i converted from assetto corsa

Sick! Wanna release it? :slight_smile:

Not in my plans for now.

Light Trail v1.0.1 released!

Changelog:

• Fixed a sync issue which happened when a player changed vehicle

Download

nice thank you!