[RELEASE] Bad-DiscordQueue (A discord role-based queue system) {by Badger}

10/10 easy config and great add to any server

1 Like

@Rockz what kind of scripts do you think would be conflicting i cant find anything of the sort

with latest update and stopped all connection checkers i know
these are the errors

same error here SCRIPT ERROR: @Bad-DiscordQueue-master/server.lua:75: bad argument #2 to ‘gsub’ (string/function/table expected)

Had a typo, fixed it. Sorry

1 Like

Hey im woundering if its possible currently or if you plan on adding a export to support sending the ammount of people in a que to display on a discord bot like this

the old queue what i used to use supports it and displays the ammount using this export.

CreateThread(function()
    while true do
        Wait(10000)
        if Queue.IsReady() then
            SetConvarServerInfo("Queue", "Queue Enabled | Count: " .. Queue.Exports:GetSize())
        end
    end
end)
1 Like

Hey,
I am having issues with the Queue. It’s letting people through in packs when one slot gets open. Up to 5 people were connected after one slot opened up. Couldn’t find anything useful in the console. Neither on the server, nor the clients.

Best regards,
Phoenix

AllowedPerTick = 1, -- How many players should we allow to connect at a time?

1 Like

maybe

1 Like

It’s set to 1. Just went through a second test. It let’s more people through than the server is able to hold. We were running the test on a separate test server with the newest files just downloaded. It also says in the server list holding 8/5 players.

To give you more data on the test. We had 5 people on the server and 3 in queue. When one player disconnected, the queue let 2 people through.

Yeah we have the same issue once the server hits 70/70 it just keeps letting people in and the queue does nothing.

i have set the max clients in the file from 32 to 70 and still nothing.

I can’t really thoroughly test this as I have no server to actually do it with. If someone solves it let me know, but reporting your issues here won’t actually do anything. If you’re feeling free to give me FTP to a server where I can test it on getting filled up, then that’s cool and I can solve it. Until then, I can’t actually thoroughly test this resource. Worked fine when I tested it with another individual, but I can’t test it with multiple users.

In short: Unless someone gives me access to a server with the player population to test it on, reporting your issues here is no use…

1 Like

I mean, since our main iSe.GG server is running half of your scripts, okay, maybe not half, I might be interested in giving you exclusive access to the server side to help test this and other resources on a long term basis. Depends on how disruptive it may be toward our users, seeing as the FiveM community likes to complain a lot. :wink:

2 Likes

That or if we only need a sample size of say 10-12 people, I could easily just throw up a VPS in our dev budget and do a smaller scale environment not affecting the primary population of our main server and give you access to the RDC of the server to get work done. Pretty sure I can round up 10-15 out of 2k+ we have in the community for testing :smiley:

1 Like

I really want to fix this script fully because it’s probably one of the most useful. I have a server, but we never hit 64/64, so that’s the hassle. I need a server that gets full at times, so I can use debug messages and actually root out the problem. What is your discord?

2 Likes

So that may be a partial problem, as we do fill up, but due to desync 32+ we have OneSync disabled on our combat servers. Which we do get full, but its not the 64 slots. Granted, we haven’t tried recently to see if we can run the combat server at over 32 probably in 3-4 months, but we do see some noticeable desync on our RP server, so I’m not too sure. I’ll dm you it, since I think advertising of cords might be forbidden. I’ve had it flagged a time or two lol

Any updates? Badger you can also simply try it out by putting the server on 1 slot, then you can also see that the queue lets in more people then there a slots.

Is there a way to Set colors on the Queue Message ?

I don’t think so, but if so, use the color codes such as: ^1 ^2 ^3

1 Like