[Release] Advanced Vehicle Interaction

Nice script will directly buy it :slight_smile:

But you should also only allow open doors etc from the menu when owning the vehicle otherwise player can troll others a lot :smiley:

1 Like

I am open to any suggestion… just wanted to get it out there before the weekend :smiley:
I will probably build in a new config option for that then :slight_smile:

How did you manage to get so much MS with the menu open?
Isn’t it NUI?

Nope, it is 100% native usage :slight_smile:
I don’t like html css etc :smiley:

1 Like

Ahh, I see, @Jordanpkl would love this then.

Nice design, clean.

2 Likes

What’s the difference between your free version?

The ContextMenu is the framework.

Like many scripts use NativeUI or RageUI or MenuAPI etc.

AVI just uses this framework for its menu. You can use the ContextMenu to create your own menus for free :slight_smile:

Small update which fixes two errors.

this is great

1 Like

New update fixing a few issues.

New update adding a few more features!

Small update fixing a bug when using the button to lock / unlock your vehicle.

Anyway to change the button or keymaps as the current lock key is also the A button on Xbox controller and makes interrupts run. Thank you

In the config.lua Config.Controls.Lock

Big update adding a few features and tweaking some of the options.

kimi_callbacks is now mandatory for this script to function properly! The built in callbacks are now removed. This will net a more streamlined experience for most of my (upcoming) scripts.

Fixed some minor issues and added compatibility with my new VehicleKeyChain script.

Awsome script, but it take way too much ms. Think about when you have tons of players using this menu.

This script does a lot of things at the same time. Of course there is always room for improvements. And this is still WIP. I never just leave a project. They get updates all the time.
If you have any suggestions, let me know.

If you are referring to the menu open ms, that is totally normal. Have you seen NativeUILua? That thing spikes to ~0.80ms depending on the menu options inside.

And server side is 0.00ms, so I have no clue what you mean with “tons of players”. Client side ms only affects a single player at any given time. Not everyone else.
If server side would be extremely high, then I would understand.

Thank you for letting me know that, i had the wrong idea about how MS work.
I didn’t meant to sound like a very bad critic of your work.
Cheers !

1 Like

Absolutely no problem :slight_smile:
You can only learn from mistakes :smiley:

What you are referring to as “ms” is the time in milliseconds the script takes per frame.
So yes, generally you want to stay as low as possible to provide the best user experience (and the highest amount of fps (frames per second)).

But it is never a problem to go higher if it is just for a certain action (like this open menu). As long as you are not actively using the menu, it takes basically nothing. Just when it is open, there are a lot of DrawCalls being made (and those are the main caviat as to why it takes so much ms).

e.g. any script that has a “Help Message” (the ones in the top left corner) will usually draw 0.01ms more than it would without the message. And that is just one message.
A single ContextMenu menu with a single option already has 6 DrawCalls and for every other option it is at least two more DrawCalls (depending on the menu item type).

If you would use a NUI (e.g. html/css/js), that will reduce the “ms” that is being shown by a lot. But that does not mean, that it is actually taking less resources. They are just being shifted to the FiveM “browser overlay”, which as far as I know, does not show up in the resource monitor.

1 Like