RedM Update Caused this "Unexpected files have been found in the install directroy...."

Today I launched RedM. Loaded into Ol West Roleplay server. I had to do a cache update that was prompted for me. After doing the update and getting on the server I played for 10 mins “ish”. Then I left.

I then launched the Rockstar Launch to play the normal game online. Once I had the launcher opened I got this message.

Unexpected Files have been found in the install directory of Red Dead Redemption 2.
Use of unofficial modifications to the game is not supported and may result in being banned from online content.

I have used RedM before and been on this server and went back to play the normal game and never had this message.

What do I do to make sure all modded files are not in the directory and to make sure I am not banned from Online?

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

I had this issue as well.

In order to fix it open %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Rockstar Games\Launcher\launcher.log then search for Unexpected file and delete the reported files. Recommended running an integrity check afterwards.

For me the only unexpected file was common.rpf (0 bytes).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.