RedM Launcher gives my game the wrong resolution

RedM is starting on a wrong resolution that is bigger than my screen, I can see the game but it’s somewhat zoomed in. Parts of the full screen are out of bounds of my monitor and I keep having this constant windows scroll indicator on the right side because of it too. This only happens with RedM and not with regular RDR2.

RDR2 version? 1.0.1436.31
Up to date? Yup
Legit or Pirate copy? Deluxe, bought, legit.
Steam/Epic Games/Social Club? Social Club
Windows version? 10, legit, bought, updated.
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes, I did delete the caches.
Error screenshot (if any) : No errors. But, here’s a pic of the actual issue : RedM resolution issue - Album on Imgur
System specifications : Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5
RAM
32,0GB
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. X570-A PRO (MS-7C37) (AM4)
Graphics
S19C150 (1366x768@60Hz)
8176MB ATI Radeon RX 5500 XT (Unknown)
Storage
931GB SanDisk SDSSDA-1T00 (SATA (SSD))
What did you do to get this issue? Launching RedM to play in my community’s RP server
What server did you get this issue on? High Noon RP, The Wolf’s Den & Wild West.
Latest CitizenFX_log file -
.dmp files/report IDs Not having any.

Filepath to RedM folder C:\Users[redacted user]\Desktop\RedM
RedM client folder screenshot : RedM resolution issue - Album on Imgur
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes, it’s not interfering even, but I did.
Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin? : I can’t launch as an Admin because RedM says so anyway.

Also add what you already tried so far. : I’ve manually added the resolution parameters to my Rockstar Launcher of -width 1366 -height 768 which is my desired and native resolution, but from what I see in the task manager RedM is the end - chain - program in the sequence for playing in the RP servers, that’s why I’m making this post for this infuriating issue. I’ve also gone to RedM’s properties and trie with the “disable fullscreen optimization” setting enabled. My graphics card’s drivers are up to date, I run both regular Red Dead 2 & RedM in Ultra. I have indeed trying changing to different resolutions and back to the one I want and use. I’ve also tried Fullscreen, Windowed, Fullscreen Windowed (which is what I use in everything else too) and different graphics frameworks like DirectX 12, Vulkan (which is my preferred one) to no avail.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

You should be able to do the same to the RedM shortcut properties.

If you’re referring to the scrollbar in your screenshot, however, that’s related to the scripts used on the server you’re playing, which are not provided by us.

At the moment whenever I get into RedM’s menu it is super zoomed in and wont let me accurately click on things. Like the resolution for the RedM menu is making it hard for me to even join a server. my mouse cant even reach the settings nor the profile button in the top right corner. How can i get this fixed?

1 Like

Please let me know how i can fix this because i really want to be able to select servers and play some rp in Red Dead 2

That doesn’t work. None of the resolution parameters work. Apparently server owners have enough freedom to force specific scripts for a specific optimal resolution. God forbid if I don’t own a 25 inch monitor to match their native resolutions.

I guess that’s what any of us get when it comes to RedM.

Try different servers and ask the owners which specific resolution have they scripted into their server and upscale accordingly. If your monitor doesn’t / can’t support that, find a different one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.