Red Dead Online
Up To Date
Windows 10 Home
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
- Yes, Cleared Cache.
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
What did you do to get this issue?
Was playing in my home server of YellowStoneRP when the server reset on 11/08/2022. Everyone was disconnected from the server at the same time. RedM installed its new UI update for everyone and then I tried to log back into the game. Ever since this update I have been receiving the same error as shown in the screenshot each time I try to launch RedM; and I never make it to the RedM homepage launcher before this error box pops up.
What server did you get this issue on?
- Error happens before I can select a server.
Latest CitizenFX_log file:
CitizenFX_log_2022-11-09T021421.log (59.1 KB)
.dmp files/report IDs
CfxCrashDump_2022_11_09_02_15_14.zip (1.8 MB)
Filepath to RedM folder
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
- Do not have an Anti-Virus to disable
Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin?
- Yes. I tried both ways.
Also add what you already tried
- I made sure I had Steam and Rockstar Launcher both opened and logged in.
- I verified the integrity of the Red Dead Online files through Steam.
- I tried reinstalling RockStar Launcher.
- I cleared RedM Cache files.
- I tried reinstalling RedM completely.
- I reinstalled Red Dead Online completely.
- I tried launching everything as Admin when launching normally kept doing the same error.
- I tried updating my Graphics Drivers.
- I completely Uninstalled my Graphics Drivers and Reinstalled them.
- I tried disabling my backup graphics driver and just run my main GPU and vice versa.
- I launched RDO on its own and switched the Vulkan graphics settings to DirectX12 and tried launching RedM that way, but it gave me the same error, and again after I switched it back to Vulkan on the graphics settings; still the same error.
- I have tried restarting my PC multiple times throughout all these various troubleshooting attempts.
- And of course, I have tried googling multiple troubleshoot options but am unable to find any solutions that fit my specific issue that I have not already tried.
I am at a loss and have no idea what to do next to fix this. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
It should be noted that i never had any issues with RedM ever until this last update dropped on Nov 8th. as soon as that update installed the error started and has not stopped despite everything i’ve tried. Please help.