Realtime Weather - Real life weather (and time) sync

Realtime Weather is a script that makes the in-game weather (approximately) the same as the weather outside. The purpose of this is to make the weather system even more realistic, and to give you a truly immersive game experience; sunny day outside? Sunny day ingame. Snow night outside? Snowy night ingame.

The script also offers a possibility to synchronise the day and night cycle with real life.

Please note that the API currently in use only updates the weather conditions once an hour. I will improve this in the future with more dynamic weather.

Github link

12 Likes

Possible to have a preview please

1 Like

What exactly do you want to see in a preview?

1 Like

See how the script works and also to see what it looks like

You donā€™t need a preview for that, itā€™s going really well

1 Like

You will not see anything ingame, apart from the weather (and time) being the same as the outside world. There are no commands, menus or other visible things.

1 Like

nice idea and project, i created a pull request on github completing some things from your planned features

1 Like

Well i used vSync before i put yours on. made it work and even added a new preset for long and lat. it works fine with weather and time but one thing that happens every damn time i change back to yours after vSync is this Screenshot by Lightshot ā€¦ The footprints comes out of nowhere and makes it print them for NPC as MP characeter. I do not know where to find this cause its a bit annoying. vSync dosent do it only when i stop it and load yours.

Why would u need both? If you start only this does that happen?

Realtime Weather is not designed to work with other weather scripts, but I think I found what you mean.

Did you happen to have ā€œxmasā€ enabled as weather when you stopped vSync? The vSync script uses a native to enbale footsteps and vehicle trails in the snow. As soon as you stop that script, they stay enabled. So thatā€™s not really a problem of Realtime Weather.

I did just push an update that adds footsteps and vehicle trails when it snows though. That should solve the ā€˜problemā€™ too.

what the sigma no way

1 Like

If you run it longer you get the error after a while

[script:realtime-weat] SCRIPT ERROR: @realtime-weather/server.lua:48: attempt to index a nil value (local ā€˜weatherā€™)
[script:realtime-weat] > cb (@realtime-weather/server.lua:48)
[script:realtime-weat] > userCallback (@realtime-weather/server.lua:42)

I did not come across this during testing, thank you! Will be fixed soon.

2 Likes

Well we had xmas on during winter season and im not sure how to look that up on the other scripts cause i cant find anything else with it then vSync but its not turned on like a static weather. So getting kinda confusedā€¦ but il test your update and see what happens. :slight_smile:

No i didnt use both it messes with time cycle. but they only apear when i aint using vSync on the server its odd to meā€¦

Please let me know if it is solved!

Hello, to use degrees Celsius I have to put that in the cfg?
set weather_useFahrenheit false

Nope, thatā€™s the default. Only if you want to use Fahrenheit you have to set weather_useFahrenheit to true.

Well now its all working as it should, No footsteps or anything. Thanks to your help i solved it switching it in fanox hunting to false and with your simple update it works fine now :smiley:

1 Like

I set my longitude and latitude to my city where its currently 7pm and sunny but in game it has the time set to night time 1 am. What am I doing wrong here?