Really bad Dsync on server

Hello I am experiencing really bad Dsync on my server, I’m hosting on ZAP hosting and everything looks good from their side. I’ve found some error in the console that is on ZAP hosting were it says something in the means of : [ERROR] [MySQL] An error happens on MySQL for query “SELECT * FROM users WHERE identifier=@identifier; {identifier=steam:[ID]}”: Table ‘zap353994-1.users’ doesn’t exist
I am not sure if this error code has anything to do with it though, please help.

I think you are using ESX? Am I correct?

Nope, menu based server. Although think we got that fixed only issue right now is that es_admin2 is saying that there is “no such command as setgroup” @Yadiiiig

That’s not going to create Dsync, What are the specs of your server?

1 Like

Specs on the server will create some dsync. The other thing to remember is the old rule with networking, the faster connection ALWAYS slows down to the slowest connection. In this situation, this old rule would be modified to: “The Faster connection slowing to slowest connection near you.” To monitor and regulate this you will want to keep those with high pings of the server. Ideally, you won’t those with pings in the 200’s. Again, follow the rule here: Excellent Ping: 0-40; Good Ping 40-70; Fair Ping 70-100 with acceptable pings 100-200. The “popcorn pop” is caused by exactly this reason, as the server is trying to regulate sending data to both of you at the same time, but encounters difficulty as it tries to manage the speed difference.

That’s not true. High ping will not always result in dsync. I host a server in Aussie & I’m from Belgium. My ping is 300 constant. No dsync.

Doesn’t make my previous statement not true. at a 300 constant ping, if there was a “desync” issue, you wouldn’t be necessarily effected by it. However, someone like myself, whose ping is consistently in the 60 range, could be popping like a SOB simply because are two characters were within digital proximity to one another and the server would be delaying my data to the speed of yours so we could appear to be insync with one another. This is the old, “not on my screen” line heard so famously through out 5M streaming.