RealisticVehicleFailure FIXED 2023

Continuing the discussion from [Release] Realistic Vehicle Failure:

RealisticVehicleFailure FIXED 2023

I for one loved and missed the RealisticVehicleFailure with the ability to type /repair and it sort of give you a little fix to hold you off until you got to a mechanic. Well with the latest release that no longer exists / works. Well, it does now in my version! There was no license in the file and the original repo on Github was deleted. So here is a WORKING copy WITH the /repair command working with configurable auto shops in the config file.

I spent the last 2 hours looking for a working copy of this script, and I finally decided to just fix the broken one. Seeing that the original post was closed, here is this thread continuing it.

Please note, I dont consider myself to be a FiveM script developer by any means and I don’t plan to maintain or support this script directly. Please reference the previous article for documentation and more. I did go ahead and switch it to use an fxmanifest.lua file as-well. Figured it was time for that to be updated.

I hope you guys enjoy!

P.S. [Realistic Vehicle Failure[Repair Fix]] this release was made in the past, however I was unable to get it to work for me, and DIY fixing your car is not suitable for my server. My fix brings back the ORIGINAL /repair that was meant to be used with proximity to mechanics!

GET THE LATEST VERSION HERE:

RealisticVehicleFailure-FIXED.zip (9.0 KB)

limp-mode is enabled by default. Feel free to disable it in the config file.

14 Likes

What a GC, this is the stuff I love seeing in FiveM, people just doing some cool stuff just cuz. I hope someone can take what you have done and add more to it if it’s needed to make it even better.

2 Likes

something cool would be, that when you drive to a mechanic, and use /repair, that it says something like “the mechanic looks at your car” and first after that is done, your car is repaired.

1 Like

I liked this idea, so I did it :wink:

It’s uploaded on the github repository as release 1.0.1!

example

Wooow Thank you dude! This is really cool!

Hey, I noticed this error tho, I cant repair my car because this comes up, second question is, for what is the “r=” in the config.blip section?

I don’t see any r= or any config.blip file.

that error looks like you probably didn’t update the config.lua file. Make sure your config file is up to date.

I am looking at what you mean in the r= thing in the config.blips section. I don’t know what thats for as it was in the original script.

Found the issue, I update it, but I used the alternate configuration values, and there the reapairtimeout wasnt there

Another thing, do you think its possible to configure the Script so, that you need to be at the Repair Point until the mechanic is done? Because when you drive to the mechanic now, and then move away, then it still repairs your vehicle even when you are away from it.

Yes, let me take a look and see if I can fix that!

1 Like

done!

Release 1.0.2

1 Like

thats dope! thanks

1 Like

This right here is how you do FiveM Scripting. This person wasn’t even someone who scripts stuff for FiveM, they just wanted a working version of an old script that is no-longer being maintained, and yet they are actively updating this revised version with community suggestions and very timely at that. Very well done.

3 Likes

Not sure is it just me but in my server when we get out the car the damage reset, but everything else works just fine, still works great :thinking:

is there a way you can add a price to the mechanic work being done

RealisticVehicleFailure.rar (10.3 KB)

Here i made 2 options, one command for player other for mehcanic.
Commands are:
/playerRepair
/mechanicRepair

also in config you can define prices enjoy

CREDITS ARE FROM ItzHyperz) HE BRING THE SCRIPT BACK TO LIFE

1 Like

I was just thinking about this script, amazing work!

thanks thats amazing! by any chance doees anyone know why the vehicle breaks completely even after enabling limp mode