Re-linking FiveM forum account?

So, time to time, my community is unable to connect to my whitelisted server.

The issue is that sometime esx_whitelist can’t recognize FiveM identifier (fivem:112233). It can print Discord, Steam or license ID, but FiveM ID is non existent for that connection. While it’s linked correctly.

Even deleting cache doesn’t help sometimes.

Would anyone know how to fix this? Sometimes it’s gone in few minutes, other times it takes few hours.

Sadly, without info on how to induce such an issue or being able to otherwise replicate it, I don’t think this can be investigated.

I would like to provide more info, but not sure where to look for it. I don’t thing player sided log will be to any use in this case. But here it is. If there’s something else I could do to help to locate the issue, I would really appreciate more specific direction.

CitizenFX_log_2021-05-04T134819.log (43.4 KB)

Snippet from esx_whitelist

AddEventHandler('playerConnecting', function(name, setCallback, deferrals)
	-- Mark this connection as deferred, this is to prevent problems while checking player identifiers.
	deferrals.defer()

local playerId, kickReason, identifier = source

-- Letting the user know what's going on.
	deferrals.update(_U('whitelist_check'))

-- Needed, not sure why.
	Citizen.Wait(100)

for k, v in ipairs(GetPlayerIdentifiers(playerId)) do
      if string.match(v, "fivem:") then
         identifier = v
         break
      end
   end

if ESX.Table.SizeOf(WhiteList) == 0 then
		kickReason = _U('whitelist_empty')
	elseif not identifier then
		kickReason = _U('license_missing')               -- getting stuck right here. License was *not* located. Can't be printed either as it's null for the server
	elseif not WhiteList[identifier] then
		kickReason = _U('not_whitelisted', identifier)
	end

if kickReason then
		deferrals.done(kickReason)
	else
		deferrals.done()
	end
end)

Looks like deleting cache helps.

What I did was simply deleting cache, linking account again and then putting the original cache back as I don’t want to download everything all over again.

Is there a way how to basically only relink forum account once it’s linked (but doesn’t work properly)?

“Doesn’t work properly” is not a state that should or could be expected to exist, so of course there’s no way to only re-link (nor would a relink button be expected to work, you know?)

Without a reproduction case or a pre-broken cache/browser/ directory, however, this still cant be fixed.

I wish I would be more educated with all this, but I’m not. Here are uploaded following cache folders that I believe are the ones you meant. Hopefully they will be to some use.

browser
browser-fxdk
subprocess

[link removed]

Thanks - I believe I’ve found the underlying issue and this will be fixed in a future release.

1 Like