Random BSOD while playing FiveM

Environment questions

GTA V version: 1.0.2545.0
Up to date: Yes
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Steam
Windows version: 11
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? No
System specifications: 12900k, 3090 FTW3, 32GB ram 5200, ASUS Z690 mobo.
CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash): CitizenFX_log_2022-04-05T034530.log (293.0 KB)
logs/CitizenFX_log files: N/A
.dmp files/report IDs: N/A

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having? Random "“memory management” BSOD.

What are you trying to do? RP

What have you tried already to fix the issue? Do everything I found online to fix the BSOD and had no success.

Error screenshot (if any): BSOD no screeny.

What did you do to get this issue? Nothing just playing the game.

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful! DOJRP

Additional comments: I don’t have the issue on any other game, after 35 minutes to a hour it happens, doesn’t happen on windows 10 just windows 11. I played call of duty vanguard (which takes more RAM) for 8 hours in one sitting no issues, play FiveM for an hour and get a BSOD.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Can you make a photo with your phone of the BSOD error that shows up and upload it?

I cannot, like I said it is a memory management blue screen. Ran the memory diagnostic and they are no issues with my memory, no corruption, I have done everything I can regarding my side. FiveM is just not optimized I suppose.

… how do you end up with the conclusion of ‘is just not optimized, duh’?!

No application should be able to cause a BSOD even when being super badly written as to intentionally try to cause such, any full system crash is always either a hardware or driver failure, even if it ‘only happens with one game’ or such, every game (did you even check base GTA V?) has a different performance profile (e.g. memory bandwidth requirement, or different CPU instruction sets), so oftentimes only one or two specific games may even show a specific hardware failure.

Also, Windows’ built in memory test doesn’t usually catch more subtle memory errors, try Memtest86 or similar (the free version should suffice) for a few hours, or heavy settings in Prime95.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.