RAGE error: ERR_GFX_STATE

[Window Title]
Error RDR2_b1491.exe!sub_142599A9C (0x7)

[Main Instruction]
RAGE error: ERR_GFX_STATE

[Content]
A game error (at 0000000142599aa8) caused the game to stop working.
Game error. Please reboot and restart the game.

CfxCrashDump_2024_02_13_08_19_45.zip (2.4 MB)

I have constantly suffered from this error during gameplay. I’ve tried everything you can imagine to resolve it, including using the cfx forum itself as a base (https://forum.cfx.re/t/how-to-resolve-rage-error-err-gfx-state/ 4857235), but nothing solves the problem. I’ve reset my computer (Windows 11) many times, tested numerous NVIDIA drivers (old and new), Swapped Vulkan for DirectX12… everything. I do not know what else to do.
Please I need some help

NVIDIA System Information 02-13-2024 05-33-14.txt (3.4 KB)

Specs:
Lenovo Legion 5i
Intel(R) Core™ i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
RTX 2060 6B
RAM 16,0 GB
Windows 11 Home Single Language

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Hello,

Thanks for your specs!
Since Lenovo Legion 5i is a gaming laptop (and gaming laptops have 2 graphics cards), be sure your NVIDIA GPU is configured as your discrete GPU. Instructions here on how to configure.

Also, if you’ve not played RDO/RDR2 before playing in a RedM server, be sure you’ve played RDO/RDR2 for about 10-15 minutes. This allows RedM to fully integrated with the game files.

Good luck.
Feel free to post back if this resolved your issue! :cowboy_hat_face:

It keeps crashing. I don’t know what to do anymore.

CfxCrashDump_2024_02_13_08_19_45.zip (2.4 MB)

Please Help.

I’m having the same exact issue. Nothing I have found searching google has helped…

MSI Z790 Edge WiFi
64g DDR5 5600
i7-12700k
MSI 4080

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.