RAGE error: Err_GFX_STATE (I certainly have all drivers up to date, too!)

RDR2 version? Latest (Halloween update and everything! ^^ )
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit copy
Steam/Epic Games/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? 11
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? I have
Error screenshot (if any)

System specifications
Gigabyte Aorus 15G WB Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design

What did you do to get this issue? Attempted to launch RedM
What server did you get this issue on? Sadly didn’t get that far.
Latest CitizenFX_log file
CitizenFX_log_2021-10-29T133753.log (26.9 KB)

.dmp files/report IDs
82e98ac0-0060-4cd5-8757-5ad54d5d685c.dmp (7.2 MB)

Not sure if this goes here but:

[Window Title]
Error RDR2.exe+25ADAB3
[Main Instruction]
RAGE error: ERR_GFX_STATE
[Content]
A game error (at 00000001425adab8) caused RedM to stop working. A crash report has been uploaded to the RedM developers.
Game error. Please reboot and restart the game.
[^] Hide details [Save information] [Close]
[Expanded Information]
Crash signature: redm.exe+25ADAB3
Crash reporting is disabled for this title.
You can press Ctrl-C to copy this message and paste it elsewhere.

If an issue with starting:
RDR2 folder screenshot

RDR2/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

Filepath to RedM folder E:\RedM
RedM client folder screenshot

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? I have
Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin? I’ve also done this. I’ve also attempted to run RedM as an admin and got the following message: image

Also add what you already tried so far.
I’ve also installed the latest Intel drivers (the one the error code says it requires is from last year)
I’ve installed the latest Nvidia drivers available to me as well and even attempted to run the following:

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time and patience!

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Your first issue looks like its trying to use the wrong graphics card. search the forums on how to force using the dedicated graphics or google it.

the others im not to sure about as FiveM should not be run under admin privileges make sure to right click on the shortcut and uncheck run as admin. if its not checked marked then its something to do with the windows user settings.

1 Like

Hello and thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly, I very much appreciate it!

I have found and attempted this solution based on your advice:

So far there has been no change and it continues to require the specific Intel driver for it (or newer)

Should I attempt to try and roll back my Intel drivers to the one requested?

No, anything after the version it states is fine, it shouldnt even be looking at your intel graphics but as its a laptop these are some problems you will need to over come. im unsure how else you can make it work correctly perhaps someone else will have an idea.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help, you’re most kind!
I am hoping someone will have a viable solution soon, too!

Okay so update: apparently it just didn’t like my second monitor being active but…won’t run while it’s connected. :see_no_evil:
Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.