Quick question about "Server list query returned an error", reason HttpClient Timedout

Hey folks!
How’re u all doing ?

I’ve just got a quick question, since a long time, I’ve been updating my artefact to a newer version (can’t remind what version was it).
Before this update, I was getting messages some DPrintf of citizen-server-impl" saying something like: "Sending heartbeat to ...".

But since then, I’ve only got this: Server list query returned an error: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The operation was canceled. <- System.TimeoutException: The operation was canceled. <- System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The request was canceled due to the configured HttpClient.Timeout of 30 seconds elapsing.

Got it, seems like it can’t ping my server json’s files on his port (which is: 24650).
I actually run a server which is “blocked” from any outside connections except IPs that are allowed to (my players).

I would like to know if, there’s any kind of “list” of the IPs that CFX uses for Server list query so I can get ride of that annoying and spamming error!

PS: This is not urgent, anyone can connect correctly to my server etc! But I was just asking :stuck_out_tongue:

PS2 after posting: I’ve just realized that it might be the wrong categorie, I’m sorry if it is ! Feel free to close it if so. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, have a great day!

2 Likes

Did you fix the issue because I am getting the same error as well?

2 Likes

Can’t confirm because I’ve just tested right now, but setting in cfg: set sv_listingIpOverride "XX.XX.XX.XXX" where XX.XX.XX.XXX must be changed with your server ip.

That looks like working to me, the error is not showing at least now.

Will update if the error appears again but for now my console is clean of errors:

4 Likes

is there a default server ip or how do you find your server ip?

1 Like

local:
in windows: ipconfig
in linux: ifconfig

remote:
google what is my ip (from your server) and access that ip

1 Like

okay, I will try that now I’ll let you know if it works.

it didnt work

I just reset my whole server now it’s up and running again. Thanks for trying to help me

no problem bro we will try until getting solved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I"m trying to start my own redm server but this what I get when i try to start up the server using the start.bat text document and this is what I get: Server list query returned an error: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The operation was canceled. ← System.TimeoutException: The operation was canceled. ← System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The request was canceled due to the configured HttpClient.Timeout of 30 seconds elapsing. how do I fix this as I’m very new to this stuff and dont know how to fix.

3 Likes

Could you solve it? i have the same problem

Are you trying to connect to a server or is this your own server your talking about?

own server

SOLUTION

HOW YOU DO THAT?

HOW YOU DO THAT ?

Bro honestly i forgot i been off of fivem for about 2 years

we’ve discovered that if you have very outdated manifest files then it will throw that error

after 1 year its fixed for me

Did not work

did you fix this issue