[Question] Server Dumps from Hackers

Hey all, I had a few questions regarding hackers and their presence and potential impact on a server.

1. What kind of information can they get from dumping our files? I’m especially worried about our Server License Key because of Patreon, along with a few Discord webhook/Bot API keys, for our bots such as txAdmin, etc.
  2. How common are cheaters to come into a server just to troll? Like literally just to dump our files, blow people up, crash players, etc. [Causing havoc, essentially]

Just a few of my concerns :upside_down_face:

1 Like
  1. Cheaters (as any other “legitimate” players) only get access to what you expose to the client side. Unless you have all of that information in your client scripts, they cannot get hold of your keys, webhooks etc. There’s a deal of information regarding dumping servers on this forum, I highly suggest using the Search feature and reading though it all.
  2. It really depends on how popular and known your server is. Most popular servers get attacked by the hour sometimes, while lesser servers can go weeks without even a single attempt at that stuff.

Thank you for your response :slight_smile:

I do have one follow-up question, though. These people who have access to server dumps (which, granted, I will never understand people who cheat on FiveM), they don’t have access to server-side scripts, correct?

Correct, as I just explained - any client (both someone using third-party tools or not) only has access to your client-side scripts. Keep all the sensitive information in your server-only scripts and you’ll be safe.

Awesome, thank you so much :slight_smile: