Question - How to stream replacement textures (for original GTA5 vehicles) - vehshare.ytd

Hello everyone,
I hope someone can help me: I am trying to retexture the standard police squad car (original GTA5 one) - switching out the LASD seal with the LAPD seal. I have followed other guides in how to extract the texture files, change the dds and then put it into the texture library again, replacing the original texture. When I use OpenIV and the texture viewer I see the change made (but only if I select load external resource).

What eludes me is how to successfully stream the replacement texture in FiveM? I did try several guides but I just can not get this to work.

Thank you for any help!

It’s super simple, just put the YTD file with your adjusted textures into any stream folder - be sure to keep the original name of the file - and that’s it! Nothing else is needed to override something that’s already in the game.

1 Like

Thank you _4iY for your reply! Am still having issues though as I can not get the texture to show up for some reason…

What I did was:

• replaced the “Los Santos seal” in the “vehshare.ytd” file (made sure it had the same dimensions, was DTX1 and had 9 MipMaps like the original)
  • created a folder in resources folder called “retextures”
  • created a “__resource.lua” file and put it in the “retextures” folder
  • created a folder called “stream” inside the “retextures” folder
  • put the changed “vehshare.ytd” file inside that “stream” folder
  • put “ensure retextures” in the server.cfg

My guess is that I made a mistake with streaming the texture?

Are you on an old version? __resource.lua is outdated, see Resource manifest - Cfx.re Docs

Oh thank you panki, did not know that the “__resource.lua” is no longer used! Will try again with the new “fxmanifest.lua” - btw. can it be empty as the old “__resource.lua” or do I have to put something in there?

You must have

fx_version 'adamant'

game 'gta5'

Thanks - gave it a try with the setup mentioned above, replacing the “__resource.lua” with a “fxmanifest.lua” with your text inside. Still not showing up for unknown reasons.

So weird the changed texture does show up in “OpenIV” when I use “load from external file” and select the changed “vehshare.ytd” inside the stream folder (so evidently the edited texture does work and should not be the issue). Also when starting the server it does tell me that it “started resource retextures”.

Interesting - I found the following discussion here: Vehshare.ytd streaming - #19 by VirtualChewy

It seems that for unknown reasons (it is not mentioned anywhere why that is the case) it is now not possible anymore to stream the vehshare.ytd file? Does anyone have some insight into that?

Bump, any updates on this?
This and carcols.ymt, that way I can add more custom stuff and not replace.

You may have luck using “data_file” in your manifest. something like:

data_file ‘CARCOLS_FILE’ ‘stream/carcols.ymt’
Reference: Resource manifest - Cfx.re Docs

I am not sure which data file type to use for venshare.ytd, but the list is here: Data files - Cfx.re Docs