[Question] All about detecting mod menus

Hey - It’s a big question, but I’d like to know how most anti-c detect menu 1nj3ct1ons.
I know that most of the anti-c just listening for weird resources start-ups after server start-ups, or for weird events - but how can I detect a menu 1nj3ct1on? (There is no option for me to see what code does the client is running…)

There is no reliable way to detect such, the only one i know of that’s open source and (tries) to detect them is my own:

anticheat developers will always try to sell you some magic sauce that will fix all of your problems, fact is, there is no 100% reliable method, there will never be, and some of the insane stuff i saw (taking a screenshot via screenshot-basic and checking if theres a known menu on the screenshot, wtf?) is still unreliable.

But it’s just “attempts”, it can be bypassed as easily as it is detected, the best way to prevent cheaters is to make your server hard to cheat on, entity lockdown, avoiding clientside-manipulation and such is a quick way to defuse a lot of cheats.

2 Likes

So, the only way I can get through this is to catch weird behavior from the client itself. Got it, Thanks!