Question about clothing slots

I recently read that FiveM has a dlc/addon clothing limit, rather it has some defined slots, I haven’t seen anything about this in any documentation, is it really true that there are some slots for clothing? And if so, how many slots are there?

4 Likes

Hello,

Yes. This is true. You can read about it here:

[link removed, sadly word censor bypass]

And you can read my information here:

1 Like

It doesn’t. GTA V does, and only the amount of metadata files is limited.

Game build 2612 increases this one by a lot, however, and with clever packing it seems possible to add at least ~2560 components (per base ped) fine as of that point in time.

1 Like

Does this mean that I can add for example more than 200 or 300 torsos or t-shirts, for example?

Thank you very much for your contribution, I have read the information provided and now everything is clearer to me. Good morning, I mark this as solved.

1 Like

Okay, my apologies, was unaware of some word censor :man_shrugging:.

But I must correct myself, as d-bubble said , it is a limit with Rockstar Games themselves, not FiveM.

• In default FiveM build game version b1604 (mpchristmas2018) we had 14 additional free .ymt slots to be used

• In game version b1737 (mpvinewood) we had 12 additional free .ymt slots to be used

• In game version b1868 (mpheist3) we had 10 additional free .ymt slots to be used

• In game version b2060 (mpsum) we had 8 additional free .ymt slots to be used

• In game version b2189 (mpheist4) we had 6 additional free .ymt slots to be used

• In game version b2372 (mptuner) we had 4 additional free .ymt slots to be used

• In game version b2545 (mpsecurity) we have 2 additional free .ymt slots to be used

• In current game version b2612 (mpg9ec), R* seems to have increased the YMT limit, we have about 20 additional free .ymt slots to be used

Every limit applies to one gender only, for example, if we talk about 10 additional free .ymt slots available, it means you can add 10 .ymt slots for female & male ped.

Using up more than the additional free .ymt slots for one gender in the given versions, will end up with your game crashing or other weird issues.

This became apparant to me when I had 4 addon clothing packs that worked fine, up until I enforced gamebuild mpsecurity, however b2612 (mpg9ec) works the same as mpsecurity, just with 20 available slots.

20 should be enough for now at least, as the only workaround for the limit, was to replace existing clothing by renaming your custom clothing to that of the original.

For example, if we wanted to replace the pig mask with our own mask, we would rename our custom mask like so:

mp_m_freemode_01^berd_001_u.ydd

mp_m_freemode_01^berd_diff_001_a_uni

mp_m_freemode_01^berd_diff_001_b_uni

mp_m_freemode_01^berd_diff_001_c_uni

mp_m_freemode_01^berd_diff_001_d_uni

and the female version;

mp_f_freemode_01^berd_001_u.ydd

mp_f_freemode_01^berd_diff_001_a_uni

mp_f_freemode_01^berd_diff_001_b_uni

mp_f_freemode_01^berd_diff_001_c_uni

mp_f_freemode_01^berd_diff_001_d_uni

I hope this explains things a little more.

1 Like

I’ve moved to b2612 from b2189 and seems like it cannot even be able to join my server anymore with 2 packs of clothes i already have. I’m getting this error:

Screenshot_2

I use 2 ymt files for each gender, male & female.

You can only 128 clothing items (000 - 0127) and 26 textures per model

1 Like

Yup, I know. I’ve made 3 clothes pack, loaded into the game, and when i move through them, im getting this error:
Screenshot_2

And here’s how my clothing pack looks like:
1st clothing pack:
Screenshot_2

2nd clothing pack:
Screenshot_4

3rd clothing pack:
Screenshot_6

Everything is writed corectly in each fxmanifest.lua and meta file.

1 Like

How do you add a clothing piece to a ped? most of them come only with 2 outfits
how can i add more clothing pieces?

Are way too many ymt files

Did you ever figure this out?

So can someone tell me how these numbers are possible but I have 300 hats and they don’t show up

Can you explain the math on this and does the pack game build have to match your game build. I’m noticing alot of packs using mp_heist3

So sad we losing him as part of the community on some share credit issues with rockstar. With this statement he says we can change vanilla clothing by changing our add on to that name. Where do we find all the names for vanilla gta clothing?

Often this issue is caused by creaturemetadata. Are you trying to make hats push down hair AND heels to have height? Three packs is not the limit but you crash like this when trying to push down hair and have heels at the same time

Hats are hard code limited to a certain number no matter how many packs you have or make. I don’t know the exact number but I believe it’s between 40-50.

1 Like

gta is killing me every update adding new clothing . my packs are all off with jumping to a new build and updating my artifacts now pants are missing. Whats the process of swapping gta clothing with add ons . Where can i find a complete list of added gta clothing per build with names?

I would say durty cloth tool. Aslong as you don’t generate hats to push down and heels to work you won’t have any problems. If you don’t want to pay use ymt editor. Durty is faster and easier. If not you can always use a premade resource and just ensure it, provided links below.

https://gta.clothing/ - also comes with the pleb masters website with all the cloth data you need.
YMTEditor - GTA5-Mods.com - free, has many tutorials.
https://gitlab.com/Greggs_/clothing-public - pre-made by a friend, free, easy

I would recommend not replacing items. It causes more server load as you have to stream something over base game items, so only do it for textures, heels and hats.

1 Like

appreciate that . could you tell me why my clothing is missing after a update to 2944 build when before they showed perfectly? no tutorial i have found explains this . so its 193 lowers in gta so does that mean i only have room for 52 more lowwers per pack? and do i have to numer them after the gta clothing number? cause mine are in order 000-95 in my pack but most are gone on the ydd side only 7 are there and a bunch of textures … lol