[QA] I run one of the most frequented german FiveM-Server.

Feel free to ask anything about anything :slight_smile:
No really i would have appreciated when someone would answer my questions i had when i began developing.

Our Framework: modified version von esx final (legacy)
Playercount: Never below 100, Highest Peak: 486 Users, normal playerbase is 250-400 users for the most time.
Voice-Plugin: SaltyChat.
Current count of created characters: 28k
Current member count in our discord: 12k
Team members: around 35 people

So if you wanna know something go ahead and ask :slight_smile:

Question: Will you fix my ?
A: No! This thread is for questions about running a large server / community. If you need help with a specific ressource contact the script creator himself or have a look here: click

Question: Linux or Windows?
A: We tested both for months and im a big fan of linux but windows is superior in terms of diagnostics and error logs (regarding FiveM).

Question: Newest Artifact or stable release?
A: We go for newest release since these artifact updates are 99% of the very usable, even with 450+ players.

Question: Best AntiCheat?
A: There are severall good ones, the one you need is not made yet and will likely never be made if you dont do it yourself. The things which needs to be secured vary from each server, the events used and the logic inside the utilized scripts. Sure you can buy a β€œok” one and just include blacklisted trigger but that will not cover any issue you will have with these β€œhacking” script-kiddie-modders.
Have a look here and here to get a understanding where the problems of your projects could have their root (if you are using ESX).

I will keep this post updated as often as i can :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since this is a QA what was the reason for you to use a third party voice solution instead of the one coming with FiveM?

3 Likes

Hello, thanks for trying a QA, this seems like a good idea :+1:

My question is : Is DDoS a problem for you ? If so, are you implementing any type of custom protection yourself or your current host is doing the job for you ?

Hello @dewen, you came with a great idea. I would like to ask what was the cost of server maintain back in time when you just have started and how those cost were increasing?