Problems with ZAP-Hosting (negative expirience - unfriendly / unprofessional)

Hi everyone,

I am currently expiriencing a similiar situation as this user (River): https://forum.cfx.re/t/my-problems-with-zap/88819

I had a FiveM server on ZAP-HOSTING for 1 year now and I have decided to cancle it as it was no longer of use for me. The server during this time was having extreme problems for example hitting the button to start or stop the server 10+x and it still didn’t do what you wanted. You had to refresh the page multiple times and they had lots of DDOS problems on their site (or it looked like it atleast).

So here I am cancelling my subscription on 16.06.2022 thinking that this is it. It said that the server will be shutdown on 25.07.2022 at 00:00. But then on the 26.07.2022 I got a mail from ZAP with a invoice and a message that my Server wasn’t cancled but has been renewed for another 6 months. IT GOT RENEWED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

The E-Mail with the renewal information came in at 18:26 (I was not even near my PC at that time). At around 21:00 I checked my E-Mail and immediately went on to the support ticket system. My case got assigned to a guy named Marcel Zumack and at first I still had hope that this will be resolved quickly (oh boy how wrong I was).

After debating for 3+ hours I almost always got the same answer from that guy. “We can’t do a refund, you allowed it yourself today at…”. He even send me logs that I did that and as said IT IS IMPOSSIBLE cause I wasn’t even on my computer at that time (but the IP was the same as the one I was writing a ticket from - before you say anything: no one was near my computer or had my login details). I turned off the renewal 38 days before it was supposed to be renewed (as you can see way over the 14 day limit or whatever they have).

After asking them really nicely and trying to reason with them that I am not paying for that, that I have contacted support ASAP (2 hours and aprox. 30 minutes from the renewal and invoice E-Mail) I still got the same disappointing answer that I will have to pay for it bla bla bla…

I DID NOT cancel my cancelation of renewing and no one has access to my account so @zaphosting either it was a bug, either someone hacked into my account (no one else has allowed access) or you are straight up trying to scam people at this point.

They even said that they will send a Debt collection company if I don’t pay. After sending them their own Terms and Conditions they just straight up ended the conversation on me. + It is so annoying how they have mixed mails (some are English and some are German).

This part is almost copy paste to the post linked at the begining of this text but its all true and same for my case:

All in all, I’ve had an extremely negative experience. Their customer support team has acted, time and time again, very unprofessional and shown a lack of knowledge. I have been disappointed with the childish behavior by this company.

I’m happy to provide any proof of the tickets, the E-Mails, or the invoices. They’re all backed up in case Zap decides to delete them…

As this is happening right after having the issue with @zaphosting and conversation with Marcel Zumack from support (who didn’t even want to forward me to his Boss or the someone that is a higher rank then him) I will keep you posted…

I will probably call them tomorrow as it will be a call inside Europe it is not that expensive for me.

(Sorry for my bad English. I am pissed right now and it is not my native Language so I was doing alot of translating and Google searches for words)

8 Likes

They didn’t yet take the money / I didn’t pay for it but they are threatning me with a Debt collection company if I will not pay… For 80€??? For something that they could have just cancled?? It is sad :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m surprised they even answered you.

1 Like

For a GERMAN company they are acting very sus. Are you sure they are German or is this just one of those scams from India where they say: “oh we are from the IRS and will collect your house if you don’t pay”? Be careful and please keep us updated.

2 Likes

Well, I never liked them anyway, their service was usually dogshit.

2 Likes

I’ve unfortunately been in a similar situation as you when I tried to cancel my server a while ago. They’re super helpful and polite when you give them the impression that you’re going to put money in their pocket, but the moment you want a refund they turn into some internet mafia and go on the defensive.

It also doesn’t help that their website is very glitchy when it comes to language (it always used to get redirected to the German version for me after I paid an invoice - probably on purpose so you can’t read their terms of service lmfao).

Hopefully you get this sorted, but I’m not at all surprised that they’re still like this, shame they haven’t improved/changed since they first launched.

3 Likes

Not sure what’s the goal of this topic other than bringing drama into here by commenting their own experiences. This will have to be resolved with Zap-hosting.