PROBLEM WITH NEW UPDATE INTERFACE: New update using over GPU memory usage and unable to play with normal graphics

Environment questions

GTA V version: LAST VERSION
Up to date: YES
Legit or Pirate copy: LEGIT
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: STEAM
Windows version: 10
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? NO

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having? Since the last update the FiveM client not GTAV only FiveM is consuming way more out of my graphic card

What are you trying to do? Fix the issue so I can play on fiveM servers like I used to.

What have you tried already to fix the issue? RESTART FIVEM AND COMPUTER

Error screenshot (if any):

Sorry my task manager is in french but the first one is my processor. The second one my memory. the third one my disk. the fourth one my network and the last one my graphics processor wich is the one messing up since the last update.

What did you do to get this issue? Install last FiveM update

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful! Every server I join like Phoenix Protocol RP is almost impossible to play with the graphic settings I had before and the FiveM client consumes a lot while the game is closed.

Additional comments I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 (not the best but did just fine before the update) I also seen on other people’s help request saying that it wasn’t because of the update and that we need to lower your extended budget setting, the setting we were using is too high for our amount of VRAM. This wasn’t showing before because the VRAM meter in game did not correctly count this. But before the update I didn’t have a single issue with the settings I had so I don’t know why I would now have issues with the game having massive texture lost when the only thing that would have changed is that we see the correct amount of VRAM being used… Thanks for the help

2 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

+1, getting the same increased VRAM usage issues here.

I had this issue before when the update was only available to the beta branch. At the time, I reverted back to the stable branch and it solved my issues, but now that the new client is forced upon us the issues returns.

I used to achieve 120 FPS before the client update, and I’m now I’m lucky if I pull 70. Unacceptable.

I have the same problem, 16gb ram, 4gb video, ryzen 5 six core and my memory uts at 90%…

1 Like

is this going to be fixed?

Can you folks confirm if the issue you’re having occurs less on the current ‘beta’ channel version?

We aren’t able to replicate this issue easily as there’s not really much info provided as to how to cause this issue and it has turned out difficult to procure 10-year-old GPUs, but an attempted fix has been in canary/beta for the past few days by now.

i can confirm on my end - normal version and beta version and canary are still over using gpu and all UI is still slow

Issues seems to be resolved with my RTX 2070 Super. GPU usage is back to where it was before the new UI launched, but I’m still seeing an awful degradation in performance.

Issue still happening to me. I made another forum post about it. Ever since the new UI update it’s been unplayable for me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.