Problem with custom textures

ENG

Hi, these days I started reskin the textures of certain buildings, in the server they are changed correctly but I noticed that they appear only and only if we are close to them, what can I do? was I wrong to do something? below I put the pictures to understand better, Thanks.

IT

Salve, in questi giorni ho iniziato a reskinnare le texture di certi edifici, nel server vengono cambiate correttamente ma ho notato che appaiono solo e soltanto se stiamo vicini a loro, come posso fare? ho sbagliato io a fare qualcosa? qui sotto vi metto le immagini per capire meglio, Grazie.

very close

not far away

I’d suppose you also have to edit the texture for when you’re “not far away”. At to where to find that, I have no idea.

I know that on YMAPs there is a variable called “MaxLoadScale” and that changing that variable fixes that problem, but I don’t know if there is also for textures

Yeah, the texture is disappearing because of the LOD distance. When you go farther away the game loads what looks like the same building but it’s a less detailed model that uses another texture dictionary than the original building to reduce lag, causing the texture to revert to the original. So I’ve searched a bit and my advice is for you to find and replace the Arcadius texture with the your google one in all of these ytds:

hei_dt1_02_bld.ytd
dt1_02_lod.ytd
dt1_02_bld.ytd
dt1_lod_01_02_09_10_children.ytd

Find these files in with OpenIV, copy them somewhere then search for the Arcadius logo in them and replace it with your google one as I said previously, then you’re ready to stream them and the google logo shouldn’t disappear.

1 Like

I’ll try it in time thanks a lot for the answer!

did it worked?

Yes, it works