Privacy concerns

I can’t find anywhere in the privacy policy where it states that moderators are allowed to collect sensative info like your password info and then use it to log in to your account without your permission. Moderators should only be able to externally moderate ppl. Flag and remove posts etc. Not to mention I don’t think ppl are allowed to moderate from a third party app like discord. Couldn’t find that in the privacy policy either. Mentions of discords aren’t even allowed on here. I’m not getting any answers for a friend who was a victim of this type of hacking and harrassment / abuse of power. while also concerned for my own privacy on the platform. Especially since I’m a decent sized creator in the streaming space with partnerships. What’s stopping someone from using my password that I use here on other areas if they are just logging into peoples accounts without their permission? Very concerned. Need answers.

No one can see the password you are using on here. The times where passwords got stored as clear text are long gone, so even with direct database access, no one is able to “see” your password. But your text raises many “?” and is a little bit unclear in what exactly happened.

When someone tries to log into your cfx.re account that isn’t you: You get an email about it with an IP asking if the person who was trying to log in was you… It wasn’t. Pair that with a moderator in discord who tags all their verified social media pages as a rockstar employee and their cfx account simultaneously admitting to logging in to the account without permission and demanding other sensative info like source code… and then trace the emailed IP back to where the employee was located at headquarters also checks out. So how did they know my friends password? again being able to log in to any account without permission raises privacy concerns. Do they have a way to
Log in to everyone’s account and we get unauthorized login emails? Even tho we didn’t give permission? Very confused. Again moderators should only be able to moderate externally from your account. At the very most terminate your account. Not log in without your permission. Dont see anywhere in the privacy policy they are allowed to do so. my friend went ahead and opened a lawsuit for privacy concerns after this happened. So I’m trying to see if I’m at risk also. :weary::grimacing:

They didn’t, and no one is able to login into your account without having your password, especially no “normal” moderators, there are certain tools to manage an user account, but those don’t count as logging in.

And those are extremely bold claims especially when not providing any proof and making accusations against official company representatives. This still seems really ‘weird’, as no one that works at Cfx/R* will ever log into your account (normally).

If you still think someone at Cfx/R* did something wrong, please also provide context and proof when making this public. Right now this just seems like wild accusations.

My friend is scared for their safety and so am I. that’s why it was made public. I asked a vague question and you asked for more detail so I gave it to you to the best of my knowledge of what happened. all of my posts are for informational purposes only and any statements made have not yet been proved in a court of law. any claims are alleged. The proof is in the pudding tho. you don’t get an email saying there was unauthorized access if there wasn’t… and get logged out of your account while someone admitted they were in the account. Make it make sense?

Also ur claims that “they didn’t” are pretty bold as u weren’t there. And your statements haven’t been proved by law either. Can’t even find it in the privacy policy. just allegations as well. And could potentially be harrassing twards a victim by trying to discredit them.

Who do I send my proof to? Who should I get in contact with about privacy concerns? I’ve tried everyone. Even calling headquarters. So what are your suggestions? Bc ignoring the issue and attacking a victim when they need answers doesn’t make it go away or make their case any better You know?

1 Like

No need for discussion here if a lawsuit has already been opened. Forum regulars are also unable to help you with claims of your account being accessed.

Contact support if you think your account has been accessed without your knowledge.