[PREVIEW] | FiveM DayZ | Zombie Apocalypse Survival | Survival Is Key |

Given it a bit of time and tested it out , here are some of my complaints and suggestions
Lets start with the bad so we can end with the good.
Complaints

1. Loading in , upon loading in the first time I loaded as a default in the middle of the sandy shores airfield , after leaving and rejoining i was prompted with the UI but no cursor after the third reconnect , i was finally able to register a character.
  2. Lots of missing textures , empty collision on the map understandably this is a ymap but still something to look into bettering.
  3. Sometimes looting things would leave the object on the ground , even when it was fully looted.
    this could have been caused by me clicking rapidly , or the ui not responding on the first click either way , might want to look into a better way of deleting the object as this could possibly cause duplication / loses in loot.
  4. Item prices in shops were far to high to test things , i get that its a WIP server but if youre gonna allow people to come and view , you should probably make it easily accessible to just ‘test’ the content lol i managed like 40 kills in 20-30 minutes but things were 5k zp and stuff like that.

Things I liked

1. Loved the initial register UI , even though it was very buggy , it was still a cool little feature.
  2. Loved the Drop into the world.
  3. The zone UI in the shopping area was a cool touch

Suggestions

1. The hearing distance for zombies is far too short.
  2. Create a different UI as the medieval theme for the shops was offputting.
  3. Create a shop that allows you to sell back items / add a feature to the existing shop for it
  4. The randomized drop loot on the ground is cool , but a searching feature for trash cans , trunks of cars , store shelves things like that nature , would lead to a better immersive experience.
  5. The Food / Water system , you need to implement a Regen over time system , as eating / drinking instantly changed the values of the UI making it rather pointless to even have the animation as spamming the item instantly changed what I needed.

This all being said , it is a very niche idea I believe , but it was enjoyable and I had fun, and would like to see where this goes.
Goodluck in your endevours!

Thanks for the feedback!
I’d want to address each point you made individually, so:

Complants

1. I have no idea why loading in the first time is this buggy that nothing loads. I’ve never had this problem, neither the people that helped me test, it started happening after I reopened the server, no idea why but I’ll have a look.
  2. The map is a collection of about 20 ymaps I got from gta5-mods, nothing made by me so it is understandable why some textures/collisions might be buggy, I’m not really planning on focusing on the map any time soon, maybe in the far future.
  3. I know about the looting issue, seems like a few looting points respawn instantly after you’ve looted them, I might have to rewrite the looting script for this one :cry:
  4. I’ve made those prices with the future in mind. I want to add the option to sell items in the camps shops which would get you lots of points (Z-Points or ZombiePoints) as you could sell any item for a price. Also the more players there are near you, the more zombies will spawn, and you can also get points that way.
  5. The buggy login screen. I’ve had no issues with it aside from some letters not working. I’ve made the entire UI in Lua as I’m not very confident with JS and HTML, and it seems like GTA doesn’t have control IDs for some letters.

Suggestions

1. I’m planning to rewrite the whole zombie script as I’ve used the one from RottenV so it’s understandable why it might seem buggy (because it is xD)
  2. The UI isn’t supposed to be medieval themed, I’ve got inspiration from Fallout, MTA:DayZ and a post-apocalypse world in general. Every UI is supposed to be a piece of old/scrap paper, old things you would find around and use in an apocalypse
  3. I’ve addressed the selling items part in point 4 above
  4. I’ve tried to add a searching feature before, but due to the fact that the script would have to scan all the objects around you every frame, or every second or so in order to find if you’re close to a bin/truck etc would cause frame drops for people with low-end PCs, if not everyone.
  5. I really like the regen idea, I will add this in a future update
1 Like

server is closed ?

Hi, are these zombie scripts free?

hello did you stop the apocalypse project ??

Still on?

nope (5 chars)

is it for free this esx ??

Do you want a french translation?

I’ll do you a favor and say that
This is not a download, you’re in Server Bazaar, not resources, so they’re no downloads within this post,
Good day.

Thanks for clarifying it :smiley:

Is your server still up?

No, not anymore, I’m working on my main RP server, university and I don’t really have time for side projects, maybe some day I’ll resume work

Maybe some day this project will be released:)

Nah, most of the people who will get it don’t deserve it, I’ve put too much work and time into this just to give it away, already have enough people stealing my :poop:

But another human (nickname ‘soeul’) having korean version of this preview

Do you sell it?

is this active?

When is it out? :grinning: really do wanna try it out :laughing: As i cant get “Simple Zombies” to work with my ESX (yes i have coded it so it fits with fivem/multiplayer) But i really realy want to try this out tho :sweat_smile:

is the server still on ?