Port Forwarding Not Working

Hello, I have tried port forwarding my server and it is not allowing me to connect using my IP address. I have opened the ports on my router and windows defender firewall as well as checking if ports are opened using canyouseeme.org and it says that port 30120 is open. I can connect using localhost but when I go to connect with the IP it gives an error. I have connected using port forwarding in the past, roughly a year ago and I am just now getting back into things. Any help would be great.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

How to Port Forward a FiveM Server to show on the Server list/browser. - YouTube make sure you follow every step.
The connect to the server with the IP address this web provides. https://www.showmyip.com/

5 Likes

Get a friend to check if they can connect to you or not using your IP address, its possible its a NAT Loopback problem with the router “has this changed sense the last time you did it?”.

If you do not got open nat on your router you will need to use your localip to connect to your local server but it should be fine for others.

Other people cannot connect even with NAT opened. I’ve tried through hamachi and opening my ports on my router and windows defender as well as it showing in showmyip as both of the ports being opened although I can’t even connect using my IP and neither can others.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.