[please close]

[please close] found the answer on my own

There aren’t ‘canary builds’ as such for FXServer, you just download the latest build from https://runtime.fivem.net/artifacts/fivem/.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the fast response. I’ve already tried to update the files. Sadly I don’t experience the prominent client restart when joining to my server, that I want to achive. Any suggestions?

Well what are you trying to do? No one can help if you don’t explain what you want.

1 Like

Well what are you trying to do? No one can help if you don’t explain what you want.

I saw that a few servers have a build that forces the players client to reload in a newer version while connecting to the server and that’s what I exactly want to achive. I asked someone and he said I need canary. Now I’ve installed the latest build onto my server but my client doesnt force itself to the newer build, when joining to my server. I have heard that this is a good additional protection against cheaters.

Doesnt make sense to me at all. Sure, a newer build will have less time to be reverse-engineered and abused by mod menus, but it’s actually unlikely to offer any significant protection increase. The absolute majority of mod menus and other cheat tools abuse vulnerable resources and faulty practices within those resources.
Somehow forcing all of your players to use an unstable build of the game should not be done.