PlaySoundFrontend

So this works:

PlaySoundFrontend(-1, "TIMER_STOP", "HUD_MINI_GAME_SOUNDSET", 1)

but I want to play the file located in x64/audio/sfx/POLICE_SCANNER.rpf
Specifically: 01_officer_requests_backup, 0x033FF83C

Can someone help :frowning: Is there a list of these sounds somewhere and their ā€œcode namesā€?

1 Like

You can find a list of FrontEndSoundlist here

in terms of the sound you wanna play this is not the native. Iā€™m not sure with other natives that would work.

If you search audio on the native reference below. It will come up with heaps.

https://runtime.fivem.net/doc/natives/#n_AUDIO

3 Likes

https://runtime.fivem.net/doc/natives/#_0xE9B09589827545E7

Report Crime?

2 Likes

yesā€¦

That has nothing to do what he askedā€¦

Actually it does, i have been testing this a long time ago together with @pongo1231. you just need to pick the right ID for the crime. However sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnā€™t (this is a issue related to FiveM since it always works in single player GTAV).

Interesting, wouldnā€™t of thought that native played audio

Does ReportCrime actually play audio :thinking:

Canā€™t you read?

This isnā€™t the best way to do it but it should work for you.

Backup.zip (27.8 KB)

1 Like

Ohh. So it plays radio scanner sounds. Iā€™ve never played with it before so no clue, thats cool tho :stuck_out_tongue:

@FAXES Yeah, that doesnā€™t have what I need, thanks though :frowning:

@ghosty how would you do this in lua? or is it C# only?

What about if I export the sound from OpenIV and play an external sound, is that possible?

Itā€™s works so it will do! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

For those who fall on this post (didnā€™t try for the specific question of the author) but i have the same problem : I can play some specif sound but some otherā€™s no iā€™ve solved my problem on using RequestAmbientAudioBank with the good audiobank in parameter.
For example :

PlaySoundFrontend( -1, "TUMBLER_PIN_FALL", "SAFE_CRACK_SOUNDSET", 1) -- not working

dont work but :

RequestAmbientAudioBank("SAFE_CRACK", 0, 0) --This is the good audio bank
RequestAmbientAudioBank("DLC_Biker_Cracked_Sounds", 0, 0) -- or maybe her didn't remember
PlaySoundFrontend( -1, "TUMBLER_PIN_FALL", "SAFE_CRACK_SOUNDSET", 1)

work

5 Likes

How do you find the audioname of a sound? Iā€™ve looked at GTA files with OpenIV but only found the sound set name.