Ped speed

Hello, I’m very sorry if this is in the wrong category but I run a vMenu based FiveM server and was wondering how to speed up my k9 ped. The model being used is the German Shepherd (a_c_shepherd). If anyone knows how to do this I would really appreciate some help. Thanks!

you can try this in the loop

SetPedMoveRateOverride(your_ped, 2.50)

RegisterCommand(“k9”, function()
while true do
local playerId = GetPlayerFromServerId(source)
local ped = GetPlayerPed(playerId)
SetPedMoveRateOverride(
ped,
)
I have this but I’m stuck here and it’s not working.

Are you doing this on a server-side script?
That native is client sided

It should look something like

RegisterCommand("k9", function()
  while true do
    Wait(0)
    SetPedMoveRateOverride(PlayerPedId(), 2.50)
  end
end)

if you can post K9 spawn client code lines we can help better

I’m probably not understanding this properly but why are you speeding up your playerPed and not the “k9 ped” instead?

I was guessing he wants to be a K9 and run faster

Oh wait, you switch to the k9 model but you’re still in control of it, right… I thought the “k9 ped” was a dog ped that was AI-controlled for some reason lol
If that’s the case then I’m not seeing why this wouldn’t work, although I would suggest adding a check somewhere to reset the speed multiplier back to default value once you’re not a “k9 ped” model anymore.

Yeah, the dog would be my PlayerPed

and @Avalanche.sln I’m running it in a client script

Edit: sorry for taking so long to reply

So what exactly is the issue? Does the snippet above not work?

yes, thank you so much, that worked perfect

Just a question…where do you put that…do you make your own lua with that in it and a resource to start it? just curious how that should look when adding client sided script…thanks

@kelevra69 Yeah, I make a folder, and start out with a client.lua, use the code Avalanche.sln put above in the client, and make another file called “fxmanifest.lua” and inside the fxmanifest should be the following:

fx_version ‘bodacious’

game ‘gta5’

author ‘your name’

client_script “client.lua”

so do I type k9 or the dogs spawn name idk?