[Paid] [Updated 11/11/23] [Development Resumed] [Dev Tool] Texture Trimmer (Formerly DDSRemap)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “dds_remap_v3.py”, line 7, in
File “clr_loader_init_.py”, line 42, in get_coreclr
File “clr_loader\util\find.py”, line 22, in find_dotnet_root
RuntimeError: Can not determine dotnet root
[32112] Failed to execute script ‘dds_remap_v3’ due to unhandled exception!

Sorry was finishing up IRL work.

You’re fine, make sure you have the dotnet runtime installed on your computer.

Microsoft .NET Framework

ay that worked! Thank you so much!

Now… to go look at doing this for 2000+ cars haaha.

1 Like

So uh… our Firetrucks did not like being put into the tool xD, it causes white boxes or walls to spawn around them now. odd.

I saw this same thing on another pack, possibly this one actually but not 100% sure. Couldn’t figure out the logic behind the white panels showing up though.

It’s basically because of this:

Which personaly for me leads to missing speed and needles in speedometer
Before using tool:
before
After using tool (no speed and needles):
after

Fivem console output:

Warning: Texture script_rt_dials_race (in txd focusrs.ytd) was set to a compressed texture format, but ‘script_rt’ textures should always be uncompressed
This file was likely processed by a bad tool. To improve load performance and reduce the risk of it crashing, fix or update the tool used

Looks like this fixes above issues:

However, your tool after proccessing this file outputs this:

Would be great to check if compression type and mipmap would be checked for this file, so it would output correct texture, not even compressing .ytd’s but checking for this error, sounds good isn’t? :slight_smile:

Ya, I appreciate the detailed response!!

Ill go into the file and compare the original vs the compressed, then also look at the format/mipmap.

Even if we have to revert these back to the larger file, have 20-30 big file vehicles, instead of 2000, is a big difference lol.

Thank you!

1 Like

Also weird behaviour on tires, after compression it lose color (gets chrome look), haven’t found yet why.
imageimage

I’ll modify the script to skip those soon. It may be a few days though as I’m pretty busy with college prep right now.

1 Like

Don’t skip, check if it’s in correct format if not then convert.

Correct format:

Does work for ydr? And amazing tool

How are you doing, I bet a lot of hard work you got there?

Did you ever figure out what might cause that?

No, I haven’t, I tried several things with no success. I’m still interested in a fix for this part.

I haven’t personally been able to replicate this, so I’m not sure at all what might cause it. I can most certainly look into implementing a fix once the root cause has been determined. I’ve also published the fix for the script_rt textures to Tebex, but I’m not quite sure how file download updates work. I might have to resend the file manually through Tebex to everyone that bought it, if so I’ll have to figure out a better way of publishing future releases, possibly via a Discord role system or something.

I can’t find it in my keymaster anymore, how was it named?
Talking about tires losing textures, I can only give you that specific vehicle which tend to do that.

I won’t show up in keymaster. Just as an email that was originally sent to you. If you no longer have it or the link doesn’t work PM me your email and I’ll have Tebex resend it.

1 Like

so i have t.net runtime installed and i STILL have an issue where it just closes when i try and run dds remap. With YTDs in the file

Any clue what could be causing the issue?

Make sure your restart your PC after installing.