[Paid] Train Creator - Edit trains.xml file in real time!

I have often wanted to make my own trains in FiveM whether it be re-arranging existing trains or use custom train models; however, editing a trains.xml file can be tiresome and time-consuming. This is why I decided to create this resource - a train creator which allows you to edit existing train configurations and make new ones on the fly and save your changes to a trains.xml file that you can actually use.

This resource also includes an example script that shows how to spawn and control these trains after you have made your edits and so on. Although please note that a server restart is needed for changes to take effect.

(Link to video if embed does not work)

Here is a moderately detailed tree diagram of the menu.

Train Constructor
β”œβ”€β”€ Create New Train
β”œβ”€β”€ Train Config #1
β”‚   β”œβ”€β”€ Train Attributes
β”‚   β”œβ”€β”€ ...
β”‚   β”œβ”€β”€ Train Spawn Information
β”‚   └── Edit Carriages
β”‚       β”œβ”€β”€ Create New Carriage
β”‚       β”œβ”€β”€ Carriage #1
β”‚       β”‚   β”œβ”€β”€ Carriage Attributes
β”‚       β”‚   └── ...
β”‚       └── ...
β”œβ”€β”€ ...
└── Save Changes to file

Additionally, this resource uses a simple ace permission (Train.use) to restrict anyone from opening the menu if you plan on using this resource in a live environment.
I.e. if you would like only admins to be able to use the menu then add the following to your server configuration file:

add_ace group.admin Train.use allow

If you wish to purchase or want some more information please look here at my Tebex store page.

6 Likes

awesome I LOVE TRAINSS!! NICEE But on side note price is wayy too high!! Maybe 12 bucks is a better starting point?! Regardless epiccc work!!

Thanks for the feedback.

The price I decided to go with was based on the research I had to do and the actual hours spent to create the resource. It may not look like much but there is a lot that goes into this resource and I could lower the price but people have already purchased this resource so it wouldn’t be fair or moral on them.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

I understand that! I’m sure you spent a mad amount of time. Just the price is rather high, and just thought you’d make more sales at a lower price. Was not down grading your work in comparison to the price at all! One day I’ll cop this, but the price is too high for me haha, You have a great week! :wink: :train2: :bullettrain_front:

Version 1.2 Released!

Changes Include:

New preview video which includes changes that were previously not shown and new changes.
Line box that surrounds the selected carriage(s).

1 Like

Awesome video! Is it possible for people to be passengers on the train?

If a carriage has seats you can choose how many peds spawn per carriage inside the menu. If the carriage has no seats the value provided is ignored.

Bump to Version 1.4

This includes a fix to the train command not working on configs other than config 0.

Does this script allow the train to run and not despawn when players are not near?

There is an example file included that allows you to spawn each train. You could refer to that or If you purchase the resource I can assist further if join the support discord which can be found on the product page on Tebex.

I’ve just been told that trains inherently despawn when not seen by players on FiveM servers, so I was wondering if that would be the case, should I let the train run without controlling it. In your experience with multiple players on your server, has the train despawned while going around the track unsupervised?

I haven’t tested trains with other players but server-side code should be relatively easily made to ensure the train exists on all clients. I would have to look further into this however I have seen multiple servers that have trains that exist on all clients just fine.

1 Like

I would most definitely be willing to test it out with you, should you want to see if trains don’t disappear serverside.

I’m working on a project at the moment but when I get a chance I will implement a server-side example that you can try out. Also, you can download this resource after every update however you may only download it once per update.

1 Like

Does this work with the metro train?

This looks very interesting, does it require people with the permission to start the train or will the train just spawn and drive around the map like in Singleplayer?

Hi, the only permissions used by the script is to open or close the menu. As of writing, no permission is required to spawn and drive trains. The intention of this script is to aid developers in modifying train configuration files, and not be used in a live environment with random players.

Can you edit the train tracks/path with this?

No, only the train configuration files. I’ve considered making an editor for track nodes but not sure about how to make it user friendly.