[PAID] [Standalone] CoDev Drive Experience - Realistic driving skills based on learning and experience

Welcome to the second release from the CoDev Team!

We’re back at it with another vehicle related resource, this time a more hardcore system to prevent people from joining your server and directly hoping into vehicles and drive them like it’s fast & furious.

How it works
When a player joins your server for the first time he’s got 0 driving experience, this makes him actually drive really bad, that player can gain experience two ways, one is going to the driving school (not included) or drive as much as he can to gain experience, this one is much slower, better check the Video Previews.

RP Possibilities:

• Players will drive bad and usually cause accidents, gives police and ambulance more roleplay chance.
  • Prevents new players from simply going into police chases with no roleplay involved.
  • Makes driving a nightmare for players that don’t have the drivers license or have not gained enough experience.
  • Provides an important skill for heists or robberies, imagine you never drove a vehicle, you just wouldn’t be able to escape police, makes the driver role’s skill in any activity important.

Features:

• Includes an event that can be called from your own driving school when player is in class to gain extra XP, making it more realistic as you gain experience much faster at the DMV than driving by your own.
  • XP is stored in the database so you can learn to drive better in days or months.
  • Includes a very simple configuration file to make it harder or easier to gain experience/drive on your server.
  • Standalone, runs on any framework.

Video previews:

First time driving: first_time_trying_to_drive
After experience is gained: now_i_know_how_to_drive

Requirements: [Release] MySQL Async Library - 3.3.2

TOS:

• Do not resell this script.
    * Do not attempt to break its license system.
    * Do not attempt to exploit its verification system.

Warning: This script comes with an API verification through tebex database server and verifies your IP server automatically on first run and once it’s been ran on that server you’ll have to PM me or @Jordanpkl here to release the license for another IP, details are inside the readme.txt

Script is now unobfuscated, you can see the source code and modify it yourself for your own server.
Still, rest of the TOS apply.

Buy now - (24.75€ Without VAT): https://codev.tebex.io/package/4337030

Code is accessible Yes
Subscription-based No
Lines (approximately) 500
Requirements mysql-async, es_extended (1.1)
Support No
4 Likes

If you want people to hate your server, use this.
Good idea, but people will hate it

7 Likes

Yeah, some people just like roleplaying like it’s GTA: O haha!

You can’t change people. Your idea is amazing - no worries - but people will not like it

4 Likes

I mean, it’s actually a fairly unique system, but it surely needs config options as to the actual effect of “driving badly”, however that’s achieved. It’s a system that not nearly every server would put up with, so you want to allow as many config options and make it as flexible as possible.

1 Like

On the config file there is a “strength” value that you can change, so it makes it harder/easier to drive

Here’s how it looks:

250 is what I used when I drived so bad in the first video.

Thanks for the kind words, we’re always looking for great ways of adding reality to roleplaying by forcing things to happen as most FiveM RP user base is getting used to not roleplay anything, mostly because of voice IMO, back in the day people used to roleplay everything in SAMP.

This legit just makes no sense

Why exactly?

Because its gonna make the player very annoyed and very fast. Making them drive from side to side on purpose is just kinda dumb. I’m not hating on ur script or anything just my thoughts.

nice idea but players will hate it for sure.
there is no way to make driving more realistic in roleplay lol.
unless you use wheels(g27/9) , remove the traction in offroad. detune overpowered vehicle.
but to control the vehicle handling base on ingame data experience to achieve something like this is a no.

I get your point, but as I said this is for roleplay servers, not freeroam servers, I’d like to see you driving IRL with no experience and see what happens, this script is made to imitate real life thus hardcore RP servers will do use it.

People on your servers might like logging in and start drifting like it’s fast & furious, but that’s breaking the roleplay experience, the guy doesn’t even have a driver license and knows how to drift?

It would be great if it also saved the actual xp . If its meant for role play servers its not very realistic to reset their xp to 0 each time they join the server. And also from what I’m seeing you do not provide any form of driving school for this script and it has to be done separately.

Hey, so in case you did not read anything, people gain XP and it gets stored in the database, so everytime you rejoin you have the last XP you had when disconnected, thus making driving without a license an continous learning.

Example: I join a server with this script, I hop on a vehicle and I crash into a tree, police and ems come to my rescue, they see I don’t have the driving license using probably esx_dmvschool or any of that, there’s plenty free on the forums, so they treat my injuries and I get a fine (most likely using esx_policejob and esx_billing) and I decide I’ll learn to drive on my own, I don’t need a fricking license, well I go to an open space and I drive continously, based on the server config I get more or less XP per driven kilometers, so when I have a few KMs done I start driving better because I’ve learnt something more and I end up driving well after X miles, X is set by the server owners or developers in the config file.

Second scene, instead of doing that I go to the driving school, just like before esx_dmvschool or any, where it gives you indications developers added the trigger we have added to our script and it gives you more XP from driving, that means you learn in a few indications to drive correctly, makes people want to learn how to drive and gives more realism to your server.

I don’t get the hate towards it, it’s as simple as change the config and make it easier if your players cry about it.

Most of our last script server owners/devs are people who really want to make roleplay servers and not gta: o troll lobies.

This script only has an issue, you don’t see how good it is until you try it, but we can offer a solution for that, talk to us on private and we’ll setup a server to test it if you’re REALLY interested.

In order to follow the rules of CFX that have changed the 1st of May the resource is now unobfuscated, the whole code is available for the end client to see and modify for themselves to use it.

The rest of the TOS still apply.