OVH Game Server Firewall Configuration?

Hi guys, I recently purchased a game server from ovh and now I am trying to figure out what should I do with the firewall. There are 2 firewalls available, one is the regular firewall and the other one is game firewall. For the regular firewall, I only allowed TCP+UDP port 30120 and refused all other connections. For the game firewall, I applied the “Other” rule to UDP port 30120. Is it correct? Shall I configure other things?

No matter what you do any port that is open can always hit aka “DDOS” So I wouldn’t bother unless you add some sort of mitigation in front of the server.

I made some configurations with the regular firewall and game firewall and did some L4 and L7 stress tests, and it looks like OVH can handle them without any problems. :laughing:

Mind sharing your configuration?

Mind sharing what you did? Ive been getting hammered for about 2 weeks now on OVH

If you do basic L4 and L7 test ovh will handle that
But there is a ovh bypass, there is also a fivem payload attack mode but i think its already fixed by our devs.

The bypass means attacks will bypass the ovh protection.
And it will go directly to your server.
Normal/Cheap stress test will not have this.

More options instead of ovh firewall only.
You have to configure your box/server firewall too.

If you are using windows server you are out of luck, lame firewall options in windows,

Use linux to have a better firewall options and more network optimizing options.

You can also use cloudflare spectrum to hide your server ip.
Or use normal proxy.

1 Like

Do you know any Cloudflare Spectrum resellers? Thanks.

There is no specific configuration. Just make sure to use the standard and game firewall.

Get it directly from cloudflare

That’s impossible. It’s about $4000/month.

You can get spectrum in pro plans

1 Like