[Opinion] Grid Inventory UI [DayZ Style / Spatial / Tetris]

Hey guys, I would like to get your opinion about this inventory and being incorporated into my servers, what would you think? Would it be complicated for players to handle such an inventory?

You can follow the updates logs on description of the video.

3 Likes

that looks awesome man

1 Like

Nice, I’ve just started work on something similar. Here’s a mockup I made. Just having trouble with some of the actual logic behind it

2 Likes

Hey, I like the mockup, but I believe will be impossible to have character in “middle” of monitor, at least I didn’t found any solution, but I will replace it to show your body status (Bones status, injuries on body parts, etc…). But yeah keep going and let see some concurrence in here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i believe we could spawn a copy of the ped on a black background, and then draw the Ui over that, with a spawned camera to make it in the center but would be to much resources beeing spent every time you open the inventory. and you would loose visibility completlly while the inventory was open.

1 Like

I like it a lot, but I can see room for improvements.
Here’s a few I can think of right now;

1. Improve drag system, I get a clunky feel from it. Maybe center the item to the cursor?
  2. Preview the slots that are going to be used when dragging the item over slots, make it colored red or green depending whether the slot is already occupied, also don’t make it too obvious, make it like 80% opaque.
  3. I like how you can see where you dragged the item from, but I feel like its distracting, maybe keep the item there where it was, but opaque it for like what, 30%? Maybe more, depending on how clear it is.
  4. Add a rotate option so you can rotate the item vertically or horizontally so you can use the space you have more efficiently. I guess you could bind this to R, it make sense.

Again, I like the idea and this is just what I think you could improve.

1 Like

Hey, I really appreciate your feedback and ideas.The truth is that the inventory is under development and what you see is only for “debugging”, to know if everything is working properly. But the idea of the UI is to copy exactly the style of the DayZ game. About the rotations, this is already implemented, if you open youtube, in the video description there are the updates logs. When most things have been implemented, I will update this thread myself. Thanks again for everything.

1 Like

looks great!

1 Like

how do i join this server it says im not in its guild

Hey, sorry but I’m sure you are on wrong thread, my server isn’t open for people test it. Or someone told you? I can assure you, I never replied or told to someone to test my server.

1 Like