OneSync - issues peds stuck in the midle of the road, ghost cars!

Before continuing, please make sure that your issue/crash has not been filed before on this forum. If it has, please provide additional information in the existing forum topic by filling out the template there.

To provide valuable feedback for OneSync issues or crashes, please fill out the following template as much as possible.

Client

Using canary? No
Windows version: Win 10 PRO, latest update
System specifications: CPU: i9, 5 Ghz, 32 Gb ram, 2 Tb SSD, GPU: RTX 2080 Ti

Server

Operating system: Linux CentOs
Artifact version: v2.7.1 atop FXServer 2889
IP address: 51.195.43.204
Resources: 199 (I have teste also only with the default resources same thing)
System specifications: 2x Intel Xeon 3 Ghz, 16 Gb ram, 1 Tb SSD, 2 x 1 Gb Ethernet

Incident

Summary: Ghost cars, peds stuck in the middle of the road, lots of them, peds spawning behind cars, as they should be inside the car,
Expected behavior: peds should not get stuck in the road, cars should not be ghosts
Actual behavior: Ghost cars, peds stuck in the middle of the road, lots of them, peds spawning behind cars, as they should be inside the car,
Steps to reproduce: I have added arguments like onesync_workaround763185 1
and onesync_forceMigration true also onesync_distanceCullVehicles true, none seem to work.
Server/Client?
Files for repro (if any): none
Error screenshot (if any): No errors
.dmp files/report IDs: OneSync log exported and attached here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kWV6SxkjF6A5HqpnWogVvd81jhaDYvED/view?usp=sharing

Any additional info: I’ve managed to reproduce the same issue on both linux and windows. Other resources, which depend on OneSync seem to get stuck (Fivem-Trains, the trams and the trains are spawning, but they won’t move). The issue occurs when you have at least 2 players in the same place (inside of a building, inside a car, or very close to each other in the street). With more than 2 players in the same spot, it’s a real nightmare.

2 Likes

The result :slight_smile:

Hello,
With the help of @nihonium (thank you so much for the time spent with me on this particular issue) the FiveM Collective managed to reproduce this issue and I’m sure that soon enough there will be a fix for it. Thank you guys for your efforts !

2 Likes

Hello guys,
Yesterday FiveM Collective release artifacts 2966 which seems to have all onesync issues fixed. Running it right now, no issues so far.
https://runtime.fivem.net/artifacts/fivem/build_server_windows/master/

I wonder if these issues still occur on Linux, as some people have reported… at least good to hear that it’s back to usual on Windows. :slight_smile:

I’m using linux right now, no problems so far…

Found a little thing, the trains and the trams, spawn in the server but none are working as it should. They are not moving. If I move far away from them , it will despawn.

I also had clients with PL:1-2-3% but no peds in the road, no ghost cars, nothing, everything worked fine.

Trains are usually enabled by scripts, what script are you using for such?

fivem-trams developed by TheIndra55

When the train or the tram will be spawned, near a traffic light, the light will circle normal, when it gets to red it will remain red, the game tries to change it, the light flick a bit and in a second back to red. The only thing I can do is to clear that area to ‘fix’ the problems.

Hey,
After a couple of hours of game play we noticed one ped stuck and a car floating :slight_smile:

Ouch. How many players were nearby when this happened and is this with forceMigration on or off?

3, an no, I run the server with no arguments what so ever. The ped turned and left the scene like a boss, and the car was parked, normally.

Have been following this thread since you created it. We have been having the same issues and were going to start to try and start troubleshooting and disabling all but required resources to see if anything changed. I’ll reply back once I have some more info to provide and possibly some replications.

I see that 2966 only has one item changed in the Change Log. Was there anything else that was changed that would help resolve some of the above mentioned issues. I also see that 2967 was released and is currently recommended. Thoughts?

@itismejoey: on 2966, the issue still exists, at a lower level, but still present. I’m currently using 2967 (linux), I will update the thread if something pops up. I am running the server with +set onesync_forceMigration true argument, so far, on Alta St (near gruppe 6 headquarters), a lot of ghost cars, no peds at all, still checking things…

Got PL: 2-3%, 2 peds in the midle of the road, after their car simply vanished, I would say it’s an improvement comparing to the other releases. On one client, we had constant PL:1%. If more players get around him, PL will increase.
@nta: the issue exists even in 2967, low level, but still there I’m afraid. I didn’t had time to check on windows yet. Running it at 4k this is the output:

Second device:

Curious. Any easy steps/place/time to cause it with lower amounts of players still?

Unfortunately still happening, but as I said, at a lower level (few peds 1-3 max), I only saw an empty car with the engine on so far, which a random ped start walking towards it, got in the car and got away, which was cool :slight_smile: I will try to get more players to the same spot to see if the anomaly will increase.
Steps that we took:

1. spawn a car, asked one player to get in
  2. went to Vespucci Blvd - Legion Square parking lot, parked the car and we sat in it for 5-10 minutes, not doing anything

On my PC, everything looked good, PL:0%
Second client: PL: increased to 1-2%. While the 3rd player got in the car, the PL went to 4%, 1 ped in the middle of the road, some peds from the sidewalk behind us seem to be stuck, on the second client they walk normally, on my screen they ‘teleported’ to the next step, not walk.

On 2967, I am having the peds in the road and ghost cars as well; using Legacy with forcemigration. I tried with and without the distancecullvehicle command. Repo - Tried with 3 people in the server, driving around on senora freeway, causing a traffic jam and then the peds start to show up. Ghost cars are sporadically as we all 3 drove around - When one player would see a ghost car; the others usually would not see that vehicle and could go right through it if we shared our screens. We noticed several cars without ped drivers in the freeway traffic jam as well.

Lastly on 2967 versus 2935 that we were running - we also noticed that cars spawned by players were not there when we returned to a area of the map, sometimes they were but others were not and the 3 players could see one car versus another (Legacy and distanceculling tried on and off). Not trying to report a ‘new’ issue just advising this if it helps.

What is this sentence fragment supposed to mean?

And again, Windows or Linux server variants?