[Onesync Infinity] - Server splitting players up

We wanted to raise our slots by enabling onesync infinity and resulting in the server splitting up.
People were getting in different session and we couldn’t find any solutions for this.

Additional info:
Server artifact:
Game build
Server info.json
http://alpinenetwork.dk:30120/info.json

My question is how can i fix this?
What are the solutions?
What causes this problem?

Thank you, have a great day.
Regards, Kris.

hey did you ever fix the problem?

Yea, so the mistake i made, was to not look more into OneSync Infinity and how it works.
Its not a problem but at feature where your players will render other players within a distance of 400 units.
To fix this problem you have to make you scripts OneSync Infinity compatible.
And to make them compatible, you render the players server sided a direct the data to the client.

I would recommend researching OneSync Infinity :smiley:

okay thanks I was kinda hoping that you had another answer because my problem is that I use the 2189 build like you but without onesync and somehow the 2189 build is the cause for the server splitting up. When it’s enbaled then the server splits happen but as soon as I go back to the default build then the server splitting issue disappears

1 Like

We also use client version 2189, but OneSync is the same on every client version :smiley:

Can you describe what you mean about splitting up? :thinking:

Well for example if 3 people join the server than 2 people will see each other and the 3rd person will be alone and won’t be able to see anyone and the other 2 people also can’t see him and if more people join they’ll just be split up in the 2 different lobbies there are or even create more lobbies. I hope you kinda get what I mean.

And yes I saw that you’re using 2189 that’s why I maybe thought that you were getting the issue because I thought it was an actual error of the build and not of onesync

The reason why the 2 people can see eachother is because there close to eachother.
If im standing in mission row pd and you’re standing up on paleto, we can’t see eachother because of the distance. You have to be in a distance of 400 units

No I mean even if they are close to each other the other person is still in like another lobby like the server is split up and i don’t know why I think that it’s maybe because our server is running on linux

Hmm maybe its routing bucket…

do you know if there’s anyway to check if it’s that or how to fix it?

Non-OneSync mode is deprecated and likely as you found broken on newer game versions due to R* changes in networking setup.

There’s not really any reason not to use 1s since it’s meant to be 99%+ compatible with existing scripts: any compatibility issues should be a bug report instead.

Well We’d love to use OneSync on our server but the problem with onesync in our server is that when people are in planes then when you look at the planes from a distance they lag and also the render distance in planes is not the best and as soon as you’re a bit further away from people in a plane they immediately disappear from your view and the map and minimap. And you only see them again on the map and minimap and also their plane once they get closer to you

Do you have any example video showing this, and does it also happen on ‘legacy’ mode or not?